is this a scam

BossHogg

Established Member
im pretty sure it is but i just thought i woudl see what you guys said i was looking on craigslist and came across this macbook for $400 but the guy is in the UK
Hello

The laptop will come with everything in the pics, case, mouse, disks.
I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the laptop within 3-4 days.
Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the laptop in less than 3 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a worldwide delivery company DHL, and they will provide assistance in hadling the payment and delivery of the laptop.
With this procedure you will have the change to test the laptop before I receive my payment..
The procedure is explained on the DHL webpage and please click on the link below to the DHL website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company.
DHL | United Kingdom | Air Freight
Let me know

BossHogg

Established Member
i responded to his email and he emailed me back immediately

I would need your name and address to start the process. Here is the exact link where the procedure is explained:

DHL | United Kingdom | Welcome to United Kingdom
I will also try to explain everything.
First I go to DHL with the laptop and start the delivery procedure.
After I give them the laptop for you, DHL will send you a notification to let you know the process has been initiated, and that they have the laptop for you and also the complete specifications of the laptop.
Also, in the notification they will send you clear instructions on how to make the payment to DHL, to the DHL agent's name.
After you complete your payment, then you will notify DHL, they will collect the payment and once they have your payment, then they will deliver the laptop to you in 2 days time.
After you receive the laptop you will test them to see if they are as I said.
Once you receive the laptop you will have 5 days to test the laptop and if you are 100% satisfied you will keep it and at this poing notify DHL that you are keeping the computer and that they can send me the money.
In the event that you do not like the laptop you will notify DHL you are not keeping the laptop and at this point the DHL people will come to your address and pick up the machine and give you a full refund of your money.
So it is simple, I would say.
If you agree to these terms, send me your name and address and I will go to DHL with the laptop and start the delivery procedure.
Please let me know soon
Cheers

Andrew

Evil4Eye

Schizophrenic SVT Poster
Established Member
Didn't DHL go out of business, they closed the terminals here in socal. I would say definitely a scam, NEVER trust anyone on CL that says they will ship it to you. You have no protection like eBay or other auction sites.

Evil4Eye

Schizophrenic SVT Poster
Established Member
From Wikipedia

"02 February 2009 DHL ends domestic pick up and delivery service in the United States, effectively leaving UPS and FedEx as the two major express parcel delivery companies in the United States"

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
do people seriously need to keep asking if this kinda crap is a scam... it obviously is.... or are people seriously retarded?

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
From Wikipedia

"02 February 2009 DHL ends domestic pick up and delivery service in the United States, effectively leaving UPS and FedEx as the two major express parcel delivery companies in the United States"

So, is DHL still the shipper for overseas?

Users who are viewing this thread