Is this a real Saleen?

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
I can see some things that are not quite right, but the owner is adamant that its an S281. What do you think?

pic3.gif

pic7.gif

DSC00817copy.gif

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Get the V.I.N. and call Saleen, they will tell you!

....true, but ultimately not an option today. Anything else that anybody can see physically incorrect besides the missing number? Color of the mirrors, missing bodywork by the wing on the rear quarter panels, badges...?

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
The paint and fitment on the body kit is pure garbage, if it is real then it has been wrecked.

Missing s281 badge on trunk

no SCCA championship stickers on rear windows

It looks like it's missing the rear quarter window molding which is a Faleen hallmark.

Last edited:

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
lol, thanks guys, the owner just came clean that its a GT that he's building up with "real Saleen parts", esh.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
The bumpers look like they arent fitting right... the missing Decals, the rotors are tiny... Not to mention the biggest give-away; the C-pillar. Yeah that isnt a saleen man, sorry

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I hate it when people do sh1t like this...............now if he races it people will say that I beat a saleen when in fact they just beat a look alike

Friendchicken

That is the basic $1295 saleen kit in a box. It's bare bones and fits like crap. The paint colours are way off and it's all warped to hell on the lower front fascia, the side skirts (really bad lol) and the rear bumper behind the tire (really bad too). The kit only comes with front/rear bumpers, side skirts, S281 wing, side stripes (without the SALEEN lettering) and a windshield banner. The shop that put this kit on should have refused to do the job if this is the level of work they support.

Mine looks identical to a 2002 S281-E, but I will always tell people I have a Cobra. Plus I am not worried about ricers saying they beat a Saleen on the street cause if they do, it's cause they can.

Users who are viewing this thread