Is this a good replacement strut?

WhiteSnake74

Established Member
Is this a good replacement for a 100% stock setup?

Monroe SENSA-TRAC STRUTS

partimagedisplaywf5.jpg

monroech7.jpg

WhiteSnake74

Established Member
I don't know what's wrong with the stock Bilstein. The dealer replaced mine under warranty 2 years ago (when my car was under warranty) because they had play on the strut upper mount. And now, two years later they are popping again. No more warranty and they are expensive.

My car has only 19k miles!

Last Saturday I took my car for alignment and the guy told me that the struts had play. That's what's making the pop when driving slowly on inclines.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Is Sears doing the install?

Seriously, save the Monroes for your Taurus. I would buy some used Bilstiens first.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I've run Monroe Sensatrac's on my '01 GMC daily driver for 6 years and nearly 50k miles with no issue. They're nice and economical replacements.

Stay away from KYB's...

A set of stock Bilstein replacements if you can still get them from Steve @ Tousley Ford (1-800-328-9552) for cost +10%

Otherwise; the Bilsteins from MM are nice; but as stated above the Tokico D-specs can be had for around the same price and are GREAT all around and the adjustability is a real plus....don't fool with the older Illuma's; the Dspecs are waaay nicer and not that much more money.

Users who are viewing this thread