Is this a good price? (95 Cobra)

DontTouchThat

Hello all,

I currently own a Turbo Regal, runs 11's yada yada. I'm getting kind of bored of it's size and I really miss driving a stick car. Came across a dealership today selling a white 95' Cobra. 59k miles, ALL original, body is excellent, interior is tan leather, kinda worn, was driven by an elderly japanese lady who traded it in on a saab (saab dealership). He is asking $10k, but I would probably offer 8.5, or 9 maybe. What should I look for in this car? I am very unfamiliar with fords, and v8's altogether. Is the 95 a good year? I was thinking about going the turbo route as I've seen some videos of quick SN95 turbo cobras. Any advice is very appreciated, thanks!

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Tha'ts actually a reasonable price....And I'm sure he would be willing to work a bit with you on a final offer...take her for a spin and get a feel of the tranny..Also,check oil for water,check to see if it burns oil,ect.....The 95 had very few,if any,issues at all.And as you probly already know,came with the 5.0L,which is a very reliable engine and a modders dream.....good luck and get some pics ASAP....

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
That's a pretty good price, especially if the body and paint are in good shape.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
That's almost a low-end price. If the motor & body are good, I'd get it. Consider that you may have to turn around and put out $700 or so for tires, new battery, it probably runs a little hot, carpet, etc. That's the route I had to take. Good luck.

Dan

x_factor

Established Member
i just paid 11 for a really clean 95 also white,cobra r's ect but basicly stock. dano, what do you mean "runs hot?

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Mechanically the 94/95's are very reliable. I didn't have a problem with mine until 107k. I had to replace the distributor, front hubs and proceeded to upgrade every thing. Stripped the car and built it from ground up. Have the hood, e-brake and electric fan recalls done if they haven't been performed. You should be able to talk him down to at least 9k. They probably only gave her 5,000-6,500 for the car anyway. Make sure the rear swaybar isn't broken (common problem on passenger side).
Good luck

Mario92

Former Parts Pimp
Established Member
He might be talking about the Water Temp.

Which brings up another point to look for Check the Radiator for signs that it may be leaking as well as check to see if the rear main seal is leaking. I'd also check the Motor mounts and Harmonic Balencer considering that the last two tend to have a short service life.

Good luck

cobra rider

Established Member
My 94 cobra with 71k on it and i paid 8,500. It was all stock and was clean inside and out. No problems with it at all, just tons of fun so far

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
By "run hot," I meant temperature wise. Myself and a LOT of other have had high temp problems. After replacing a few components, I found a bad battery (to the engine) ground. It affected all of my gauges.

DontTouchThat

Thanks for all the replies guys! Im gonna take some pictures of it this weekend to show you all to see watcha think. How reliable are these cars when you add a turbo kit? Can they handle the 500hp level on a stock block? Also, how much do they weigh? Sorry, I really do not know anything about these cars. :)

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I think they are in the 3400 lbs. range....And heck,There's a few vids in here somewhere of a white 95 turbo kicking arse left and right...And as long as you get it tuned properly,I would think it would be good to go...

Users who are viewing this thread