is this a good idea?

Robbiejaegle

Established Member
i am looking to trade my svt cobra for a 2001 trans am. first off my cobra is a 1999 svt cobra black on black 74k miles clean title. car has a few mods such as real saleen rims, 4:30 gears, lowering kit, bilstein shocks and struts, bbk intake and under drive pullies, hid lights, flowmaster exhaust, diablo programer, tinted windows, stage two clutch and fly wheel.
the car im looking at trading for is a 2001 trans am ( not a ws6) but has a true fiber ws6 hood with heat extractors. the car has 107k miles. automatic trans mission. the car has a few mods such as corvette wheels, lowering springs, flow master exhaust, headers, corvette rail covers, and a sub. the car looks nice and we are going to meet up and look over each others cars.

i have the opportunity to sell the car now for cash but im looking at getting a lowered 98-02 ws6 and i was offered this one. im afraid if i sell it for the cash i will spend more getting a wa6 and lowering it then trading strait up for this one

is it worth it to trade my cobra for this ws6 or should i just sell for cash and then buy a 98-02 trans am and lower it my self?

thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you want a WS6 then get a WS6. Trading for one that's just a Trans Am will always leave you wanting a WS6.

I had a 94 Trans Am and looked into getting a WS6. But personally I like the Cobra better.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
30,000 more miles and an automatic transmission in the Trans Am? Not a chance in hell would I make that trade...

marcoc

Established Member
I was entertaining a 2001 Camaro SS, basically the same car as WS6 before buying my Cobra a few years ago and I am glad I went with the Cobra. I feel like its more of an exclusive car, the sounds from a 32v DOHC are awesome, the motors are hand built, and its a more comfortable car to drive. The performance of Cobra/WS6/SS are all pretty equal but i believe the Cobra handles better. All and all I am glad I went with my Cobra, still remember being in High School and seeing the 99-01 Cobras around and admiring the cars, also seeing them smoke local cars at cruise night light to light racing:rockon:

Robbiejaegle

Established Member
yeah i really like mine but this is my second 99 cobra in a row and im looking to get into something different im not honestly in it to race im just looking for a car that i can drive more this one i only drive about twice a week when its nice out. it is not a daily i just want something i can drive more i dont like putting miles on this because in my mind i know how hard it was for me to find this car in my area i actually had to get it in Chicago

Users who are viewing this thread