Is this a good idea?

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
Well im at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale right now and dont have my car with me:( but i still want to be doing something for it. I was thinking piecing an eaton swap together, ive already started and have a few parts lined up with one on the way. I know its a long road but i dont go home much so i tend to stock pile up the parts at my house then come home to it all over the summer, maybe even next seeing how slowly this builds. Id do a procharger or something but i love the whine of a PD blower and the instant TQ. So i figured this was a decent route for a poor college kid to throw a little money off to the side every once and a while and collect "the list". Sound good? I WANT BOOST!:rockon:

sk8r4life2112

Established Member
sounds like a good idea to me...imo theres nothing better then your car especially when you pay for it...just put a little away here and there and ya should be fine. thats kinda what im doin, im payin for 2 mustangs and insurance and im a soph in college...so far so good *knock on wood* hope it works out for ya.

01vert

Established Member
Easiest way to do an eaton IMO. If you can wait for bargains you end up getting it cheaper. Certain parts such as the pulley bridge seem to be rarer than others though.

good luck

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
if i blow the motor its really not a big deal because i bought a 95 jeep from my grandparents last summer for a beater that i have down here

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
ok, but are you cool with not having the car for months (possibly years) while you save up the cash for a new motor?

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
yeah thats true, idk. Ill start collecting the parts and trying to find real good deals, just wait around for the deals and if i decide its not worth the risk ill sell the parts back to others for what i paid for them...

and can anyone that has done this chime in to the reliability and strength of your motor after this? Thing im scared about his my odometer reading 95xxx right now. Might just save for a good short block or something

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread