is this a good deal?

DoinIckyS197

Established Member
I have an 04 Vert Cobra so I'm not new to the SVT world. I'm interested in a Lightning, there is a01 black 31K miles stock truck at local dealership here in town. I talked to a salesman and I can pick her up for 18K. Good idea? Any major factory faults to look at when looking at the truck? If I do pick it up I know the basic maintenance things to check but not sure where to start as far as performance goes. Any ideas? Sorry so many questions so little time.http://www.thomasautosales.com/mobi...1-ford-f150-hillsboro-beaverton-dealer=460825

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Bad thing, even though low miles, dealership is asking way more than someone local selling it. On the site they want almost 25K for it, marked down like thats a deal. doesn't even book that on retail for a used one.

If it's mint, stock, and runs great...I can see 16K for it since it's low mileage. I've seen nice built ones for the same price though.

lightningmanny

Established Member
if you see your self building it later then you shouldve care about miles....these truck are all over craigs with 10k...my buddys someone for 9k with a new motor from ford but i think you alil far from us....

try and buy the truck used...from the 1st or 2nd owner

DoinIckyS197

Established Member
Thanks guys, this truck has had one owner and i have talked to the salesman, I'm going to walk in with cash in hand for a down payment and ask 16k they ask 19K hopefully fall in the middle somewhere. I enjoy my 04 Cobra, I just want something else to play with

Users who are viewing this thread