Is this a good deal?

Klay

Established Member
Hey, the car I am referring to isn't the cobra model but this is probably the best section to ask this question since it is the gt model. The car I'm thinking of buying is an 87 gt, 5 speed with t top. It has 135k miles and the seller is asking $2900. To me this seems like a fair deal for its condition and miles but blue book sees it differently. The high blue book is only $1700 which just seems unreasonable to me. Unfortunately, I will be getting a loan for the car and they will only loan out the blue book value of the car.

So does the 2900 sound like a good deal (given it is in good mechanical condition which I would find out) or do you think blue values are obtainable for this car? Thanks in advance

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I would say as long the body isn't beat up, then yes it is a good deal. Don't know baout your area but here in the southeast fox body's are on the rise as far pricing

Klay

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback, sorry took so long for me to reply but my computer got a virus so I had to fix that. I think I'm going to get it, since it is the cheapest one I've seen.

stangbear427

Established Member
If you get a personal loan the BB won't matter, you can spend it on whatever you want. Better % than car loan too. Hell, I bought my Cobra on a credit card. They don't know what I did with that convenience check :D

Klay

Established Member
Well ended up getting a different one, a 93 and was in better condition. More expensive though, $5200 altogether. Ill post pics when I get the chance.

Klay

Established Member
No, not really. the mileage was 157k miles. It is in the shop getting things fixed. Not the best way to start off a new purchase but most of it is little stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread