is this a good deal?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
thats a 98. However, it has an SE grille....I might question the 'no accidents' since it does have the SE grille.

If it indeed is straight, and no major issues, I'd say thats a decent buy considering the mileage....

EricMcIntire

Established Member
okay so its not a 98.5... that kinda sucks right? I don't really know that much but its the color I want and the mileage and the price is right... what is the difference between the SE grill and the SVT grille?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I wouldn't say it sucks. No, its no a 98.5. Its a 98 or E0 (Evolution Zero). The SVT grille is a plastic mesh (similar to the lower and rear fascias). The SE just has horizontial bars. Also, does it NOT have a sunroof? Thats rare and typically only seen on the E0 cars IIRC.

Also, its missing the jack point covers, and IIRC, they ain't cheap. Might be a way to get'em down on the price.

Last edited:

EricMcIntire

Established Member
so how sure are we that this is infact an SVT? not just a contour with a body kit? hopefully I'll get to look at it this weekend. and it has no spoiler, that kinda sucks... I think it does have the moonroof cause I found it on autotrader too and it says it does. he says it has black leather interior, is this an option for the 98 SVT?

Steeltwo

Established Member
i hate when people remove the jack covers. Makes the car look like ass.

from the pictures, it could be an SVT. odds are it is a SVT, as not many people try to body kit up a v6 tour. As it doesn't add that much value.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
EricMcIntire said:
so how sure are we that this is infact an SVT? not just a contour with a body kit? hopefully I'll get to look at it this weekend. and it has no spoiler, that kinda sucks... I think it does have the moonroof cause I found it on autotrader too and it says it does. he says it has black leather interior, is this an option for the 98 SVT?

You're looking for the VIN that starts out 1FALP68, with the P68 being the notable part.

VIN Code: p68
Vehicle Line: CONTOUR
Series: SVT

EricMcIntire

Established Member
okay so I'm going to look at the car tomorrow... I'll ask about the jack covers, anything else? guy is the original owner, older guy so I dont think he beat the shiet out of it, he says the tranny is good as new and he has all the history from the dealerships... also if I DO end up picking up this car, what can be done to get it up to 99 specs? what did they change about it to tweak out that extra .6 seconds in the QM? help is appreciated

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
the 99s didn't run a .6 quicker 1/4 time. Don't know where you go that from. There was a 5hp bump from 98->99, but nothing your going to notice really.

EricMcIntire

Established Member
checked the car out today, looks very good and I think I'm gonna pick it up for $4000... not bad at all I think? it has a short shifter, black painted engine cover, looks like after market intake.. I'll have to take pics cause I'm not even sure what other mods it has? sounds very throaty though. shifted smooth into 2nd and 3rd, had the center of the tail blacked out so I liked that a lot. where can I get the chrome mesh grill guard and front valance chrome mesh?

Users who are viewing this thread