Is this a good deal on this fox?

redline360

Established Member
Found this fox locally for sale. Is it a good deal? What should i look for. What kind of numbers do you think this car puts out

fox 4 sale

SatinGreenGT

Established Member
Good looking car, I would ask the seller the original milage on the body first. But for 3500, phew, that's a good deal.

redline360

Established Member
TropicTour said:
11000 miles??? Thats a friggen RARE find. Id get it.

Well im pretty sure thats a typo lol

Most likely ment 110K on body 10k on new motor or something like that

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
McFly said:
no
you can find much cheaper

I don't know about much cheaper....

What are the mods worth? If the mileage is correct, then you should jump on it quick....

redline360

Established Member
Yea im gonna email the guy tomorrow when i get done work. Pretty sure it has 110K miles on body not 11k, just a type. What kind of numbers do you think its putting out?

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
i think its a pretty good deal. its got 10k on a new 306. for 3500 i would jump all over that. the exterior looks pretty good too.

stevstum

Established Member
First find out who did the work on the engine. If he/she did the work did they get it tuned? Lastly go look at it top to bottom and take it for a long drive. If anything does not seem right don't buy it unless you are willing to fix it. Or you could take to a mechanic that you now the owner does not know to have them look at it.

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
McFly said:
no
you can find much cheaper

you gotta think about it bro, where in jersey. more then likely the car is choppd. By choppd I mean, the wire harness is all cut up and it's not they way it should be. It might run and look good run good, but theres always other problems. My boy bought a black 93 vert, the one I got vids in my sig of. We rippd that cars interior a new one and found all types wires cut, not grounded just bullshit. My blue beast that I wreck, 10k for it. wouldn't hold a charge and when she got to op temp and you shut her off you'd have to let her cool down before you could start her. I'd take it, find them cheap cause I guaruntee you'll be spending more then what you pay for the car. Just from my and my friends expirience with stangs.

Last edited:

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
I had a 1991 Fox. The prices these cars demand are outrageous, eventhough blue book is typically around $2500-$3000. I'd say get it if you like it, especially with the mods.

Constable

Established Member
The questions I would ask is this: If the ad says it's a *NEW* 306 with 10,000 mile son it, then why does the ad also mention that it has new connecting rods and bearings??? The motor also still has E7's, which isn't an issue, but makes you wonder what kind of low-buck build this car received. I say you pick it up for the $3500 as long as the interior is nice and it runs & drives well. You can always clean it up, turn around, and sell it for $4500. The motor rebuild and Tremec are worth the $3500 alone.

iboost5o

Banned
Constable said:
The questions I would ask is this: If the ad says it's a *NEW* 306 with 10,000 mile son it, then why does the ad also mention that it has new connecting rods and bearings??? The motor also still has E7's, which isn't an issue, but makes you wonder what kind of low-buck build this car received. I say you pick it up for the $3500 as long as the interior is nice and it runs & drives well. You can always clean it up, turn around, and sell it for $4500. The motor rebuild and Tremec are worth the $3500 alone.

I agree. I'd be asking a lot of questions about this car too. "The motor also still has E7's, which isn't an issue, but makes you wonder what kind of low-buck build this car received" <-- exactly what I was thinking when I looked on auto-trader. Go see what kind of shape it's in. Does it leak any fluids? if so, how much? Is the vehicle an original 5.0L car? Ya know, typical questions about any used car...

Users who are viewing this thread