Is this a good choice?

Nolimit

Established Member
My cobra is going to need a long block rebuild so im looking into parts now. I came across these pistons

Livernois Motorsports 4.6L Pro-Series Extreme Duty Forged Piston - Livernois Motorsports

I plan on one day being in 800+ hp and tq with and with out nitrous. I figure since the engine is going to be rebuilt, might as well go with parts that can handle a beating.

I also considering CP and Manley pistions. Also looking for input on the factory manley rods, should i keep them or upgrade them??

Cobra03SC

Established Member
My cobra is going to need a long block rebuild so im looking into parts now. I came across these pistons

Livernois Motorsports 4.6L Pro-Series Extreme Duty Forged Piston - Livernois Motorsports

I plan on one day being in 800+ hp and tq with and with out nitrous. I figure since the engine is going to be rebuilt, might as well go with parts that can handle a beating.

I also considering CP and Manley pistions. Also looking for input on the factory manley rods, should i keep them or upgrade them??

Just curious why you left out Diamond pistons out of your options? And as far as rods go you should be ok with some arp2000 rod bolts.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

To answer your question in regards to the factory Rods- they are just fine for what you are looking to do, we do however suggest a rod bolt upgrade to the ARP 2000. As far as pistons, all of the ones you have listed are just fine for below 1000hp and Livernois is also a great option, if you are looking for other options also take a look at MMR/Manley pistons, together with Manley we feel we have designed one of the nicest Modular pistons available, the same exact pistons are used in the MMR Pro Mod that makes over 3000HP!

Best of luck with your rebuild, let us know how we can help, we have posted below a picture of the MMR/Manley Pistons

MMR

Read what customers have to say about MMR engines

mmr%20piston.jpg

MMR%20pro%20mod%20vegas%20with%20crowd%201.jpg

Last edited:

Nolimit

Established Member
quote feature not working...

Livernoise Motorsports - no PM has been recieved.

Cobra03SC - I considerded diamond pistons, but i remember readig somewhere on the forums that the daimonds pistons have short piston skirts. could be wrong but its what i have before.

Tractionless1- Ok i will look into those forums.

Users who are viewing this thread