Is this a deal?

dereknel015

Established Member
Hi guys,

I am new to the gt500 market, I've had 3 03 cobras and now want to try my luck with a 2011 or 2012 gt500. I found a 2011 race red, 18k miles, NON PP package, but has glass roof and electronics package. 2nd owner, like new. I can get it for 32k, is that a good deal, average deal, or bad deal? I feel like most gt500s I've seen are PP so not sure how much that will impact value.

Thanks!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
that's decent. If your going to mod it, doesn't matter if it's not a PP

Aint that the truth. I think the only thing that's left of the factory PP equipment is the front struts, front springs and wheels lol

Great deal op. 3 years ago I paid 48k out the door for my 2011 PP with GAP and extended warranty. more like 46.5k if it was just the car.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Low TRADE IN value in Georgia is around $32k on a unit like that. Ask me how I know...lol. So yes, if I liked red, $32k is fair

Kevinbonds

Established Member
That's a good deal. I looked for several months, it's hard to get anything clean with less then 30K miles for cheaper then low $30's.

dereknel015

Established Member
Thanks for the responses everyone. I am having a hard time getting over the fact that it doesn't have the PP. I don't really plan on modding it much to be honest, may look for a set of the PP wheels and basic mods if I get it.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
Thanks for the responses everyone. I am having a hard time getting over the fact that it doesn't have the PP. I don't really plan on modding it much to be honest, may look for a set of the PP wheels and basic mods if I get it.

I wouldn’t worry. Only thing PP gives you is 3.7 read end and springs and sway bar.

A pair of good steeda adjustable shocks, springs and sways, your got better handling them PP package for about 1k total.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
He's right there are better suspension components than what came on the PP. At 18k miles, the shocks and struts and about half past their service life anyway. The wheels are why I got the PP. They seem to be harder to come by, but there are better and wider wheel options too. I never give asking price. You gotta at least make an offer.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
^ And that mentality is why selling stuff is a pain in the ass and frustrating.
Sure the guy could list the car at 38-39g and then deal with a bunch of tire kickers and dreamers, but as many have mentioned that’s an EXTREMELY fair price. Some people like to price stuff with no games, “that’s what I need out of it” , it’s good deal for both and move on.
OP I agree with the masses, sounds like a great deal unless you really want a PP car. Good luck with whatever route you choose.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

As mentioned, don't sweat the lack of Performance Pack. It's not significantly better than the stock suspension, and you can do much better with aftermarket parts.

^ And that mentality is why selling stuff is a pain in the ass and frustrating.
Sure the guy could list the car at 38-39g and then deal with a bunch of tire kickers and dreamers, but as many have mentioned that’s an EXTREMELY fair price. Some people like to price stuff with no games, “that’s what I need out of it” , it’s good deal for both and move on.
OP I agree with the masses, sounds like a great deal unless you really want a PP car. Good luck with whatever route you choose.

^^This. Whenever I put something up for sale, I already have it priced at what I need to get out of it. I'm not trying to fund my retirement account, I just want to get a fair amount of money out of it based on the condition of the part. When people start haggling with me, they're literally taking away from my bottom line on the part(s). If I ever do sell my GT500, the price is going to be firm.

Zemedici

Established Member
As mentioned, don't sweat the lack of Performance Pack. It's not significantly better than the stock suspension, and you can do much better with aftermarket parts.

^^This. Whenever I put something up for sale, I already have it priced at what I need to get out of it. I'm not trying to fund my retirement account, I just want to get a fair amount of money out of it based on the condition of the part. When people start haggling with me, they're literally taking away from my bottom line on the part(s). If I ever do sell my GT500, the price is going to be firm.

This mans right on the money.

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
Hi guys,

I am new to the gt500 market, I've had 3 03 cobras and now want to try my luck with a 2011 or 2012 gt500. I found a 2011 race red, 18k miles, NON PP package, but has glass roof and electronics package. 2nd owner, like new. I can get it for 32k, is that a good deal, average deal, or bad deal? I feel like most gt500s I've seen are PP so not sure how much that will impact value.

Thanks!
The seller said it's like new, but did you run a Carfax/research the history? It's probably fine, but it almost seems like the price reflects a previous accident/repair. Just a thought.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Lots of flood cars coming out of Texas too. I'd want to know where it came from.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Is it worth requesting fresh datalogs (like you would make before uploading a new tune - to make sure the motor is ok) prior to buying? Just a thought.

dereknel015

Established Member
Thanks everyone. I just circled back with her today and sounds like it is sold unfortunately....bummer. I did find a 2012 with 94k miles, PP, Nav, 1 owner car, good condition for 24k. Miles dont scare me as much since it has been dealer maintained. I tried to compare against other high mileage gt500s but there arent many of them. I was thinking 24k is average and not a great deal, thoughts?

merkyworks

Established Member
If it was me I'd rather find a low mileage car, 94k miles is getting up there. At that mileage lots of parts are starting to reach there end of life cycle, not saying it wont go another 100k but the chances of parts failing is just higher than a car with 18k miles. Just something to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread