Is this a crazy idea?

Grant808

Established Member
I might not be the right guy to ask...but you're not crazy.

I daily drive the '11 GT and the Cobra gets driven on Fridays or whenever I want to go top down.

Big A

Established Member
I daily drive my 2011 GT and keep the bike for my weekends/warm weather commute to work.

This thing might be fun but it doesn't hold a candle to a full lean at 90 mph on the track.

Just sayin :)

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
If the OP has had the '03 for over six years, then I'm sure it's paid off, so he wouldn't have to be rich to pick up a GT.

I think the GT would make a very good daily driver because it is livable and gets good mileage. It's only a GT, so you wouldn't feel bad about putting miles on it. Yet it would be VERY fun to drive.:burnout:

If it's what you want, then look into it. I would look into one for myself, but I need four doors in my daily driver. So I'm looking to pick up a used Taurus SHO. They're still fun to drive, and the AWD will help when the roads get slippery.

Totsie7944

Established Member
but I car pool to work and my GF has a SUV so it's not a huge dilemma

So you steal your gf's hopes and dreams of buying a new Camaro for herself, convince her it's smarter to buy an SUV, and then you want to go and buy a 2011 5.0 Mustang for yourself since you now have the SUV you'll need for your own convenience?

I like your style.

svtrookie

Established Member
So you steal your gf's hopes and dreams of buying a new Camaro for herself, convince her it's smarter to buy an SUV, and then you want to go and buy a 2011 5.0 Mustang for yourself since you now have the SUV you'll need for your own convenience?

I like your style.

The plan worked flawlessly my friend! You know the method to my madness! :beer:

kingnut

Established Member
id sell the cobra if your gonna get an 11 gt. they are basically the same car. now if you had a truck and we gonna buy a 11 gt then i would keep the truck. just doesnt make sense to me but its your money.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I don't see any reason to keep the 03COBRA once you own a new GT. Unless your rich and can afford it it's a waste of money and you will figure it out after you keep spending money on insurance and repairs. I could have kept both with no problem but after having the GT there's no reason for it. imop

My 2011 is a auto and of course 03 is a stick and paid for. A stick in bad traffic well sucks and I can get to work fast w less noise w the 11 just a x o/r w stock resonators and mufflers. I've always had faster stick cars so thought a auto 11 w the hd 6 speed be the ticket.

flattrack53

Established Member

I like your style.

Lol. This is so true. Do you really think your gf is going to let you drive her SUV to work when it snows? And have herself miss work? Come on tom!!! But if you get a new 5.0 that would be pretty damn sweet. haha

1 srt4 U

Established Member
DO IT!

I just got a 2011 Gt and i have a 99 GT that im building for a kenne bell. heads, cams block suspension everything iits your life your money and you only live once if you have the opportunity do it!

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
You could do the 2011 V6, still makes decent power, plus cheaper, and better gas mileage. If it were me, I'd get that new 2011 F-150. The one they torture tested

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
mine is daily driven. This winter in NJ has been brutal. but there has been maybe 2 days I couldnt drive her because i shouldnt drive her. The streets are plowed fairly quickly but i chose not to take her out cuz i know how stupid other drivers are with their suvs.

But other than those 5-10 days where you shouldnt drive the mustang, its daily drivable. I still have all seasons on the car so that helps. If you were to use winter tires in combo with summers, you wont have any problems.

photo-718039.JPG

andymarkv

Established Member
You could do the 2011 V6, still makes decent power, plus cheaper, and better gas mileage.

We did this for my wife.... I think it might have been a mistake. The V6 is snotty when you stand on it, but doesn't make much lowend. (MT6, 3.31's) And by the time we bought a premium car with a few options, it wasn't that all that cheap either.
My Wife already OK'd a CAI, exhaust & tune after driving it 3 miles, she isn't really into cars either if that tells you anything.....
I'm not bashing the 6 at all!!!! Its a good solid car! Just if you're wanting lowend torque for daily driver fun, I don't think the V6 is going to cut it.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I am looking to buy a new one this summer, but I would consider a used one if the price is right. I will keep you posted.

i was kidding, i aint giving you mine, i must be the only guy without a clutch issue :lol1: mines going nowhere

svtrookie

Established Member
i was kidding, i aint giving you mine, i must be the only guy without a clutch issue :lol1: mines going nowhere

Didn't realize you were joking. . I thought I read that you were thinking about getting back in a Terminator so I assumed you were actually selling.

Users who are viewing this thread