Is there an easy way to clean this?

Big Man

Fill r Up!
Established Member
Without using a pressure washer?

p787.jpg

p790.jpg

p792.jpg

Installing some Team Breed valve covers and Im going to give the engine a cleaning while everything is off. Im wondering if theres an easy way to clean those small areas around the coil packs. Just looking at it makes me want to pressure wash it and be done with it, but I know thats bad.:bash:

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
WD40 works really well.

If you get it too wet through water, you will have to let the engine get warm and sit overnight to dry the coils out.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
04SB_SVT said:
Brake cleaner, 3M works the best!

Brake cleaner :??: ? Do you mean for the IC or the entire motor?

For the motor I suggest wetting-down the engine then use a 50/50 mix of Simple Green and water using a brush to lightly scrub the soiled areas. Rinse, then cover the engine with a 50/50 mix of Vinylex (a water based rubber and vinyl protectant found at Pep Boys) and water. Just let that dry and your engine bay will look showroom new.

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
Simple Green and water would have worked great if he used it before he took it apart. Now brake cleaner and rags are his best option.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
04SB_SVT said:
Simple Green and water would have worked great if he used it before he took it apart. Now brake cleaner and rags are his best option.
He will have to be careful of any platic or wiring then becuase the brake cleaner will ruin the color

Z7What