Is there an 05 L?

DetroitDice

Established Member
from what he has told me its going to be the new body style and is comming with 560 hp. but then again he doesnt work in the svt dept. he a proving grounds driver that listens for axel noise so his information shouldnt be taken as gospel. ill give him a call tomorrow and see if he knows any solid info

sonicblustreak

Established Member
I work at the F-150 plant in Norfolk. I spoke recently to the engineer at the plant who was in charge of seeing what $ would be involved in making our plant ready to run the lightning in the new body style. We were suppose to build 5-6 prototypes this month. Then he got word from corporate to quit all work on the lightning until further notice. We had a prototype here for making measurements on the line, it was a regular cab fleetside, with what he said was a 480hp motor. Keep in mind things are always subject to change, but what we hear is '07 or '08, if at all. It won't be out until well after the cobra.

NorCalLightning

Silver Is Best!!
Established Member
DetroitDice said:
from what he has told me its going to be the new body style and is comming with 560 hp. but then again he doesnt work in the svt dept. he a proving grounds driver that listens for axel noise so his information shouldnt be taken as gospel. ill give him a call tomorrow and see if he knows any solid info

:pop:

DetroitDice

Established Member
alright, it has just been confirmed via nextel walkie talkie that he is not sure when or if they will start production. all his information was prior to the talk about shutting down the svt line at ford

Users who are viewing this thread