is there a way to test the CCRM?

mr.magic

Established Member
I'm looking to see if there is a way I can test the CCRM. Specifically the wire running to the FPDM. No cel, just trying to find out why the hell my fuel pressure is all over the place.

Black306

Established Member
The CCRM is an elaborate relay sending power to the FPDM. If it wasn't working, the FPDM would shut off and you would get a code instantly.

I know it is not much help, but a bad CCRM is very unlikely your problem.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
That is a normal characteristic for a elec. returnless fuel system. driver module regulates voltage/amperage to the pump depending on the inputs the pcm is recieving from various sensors, primarily the frps, trying to maintain a constant 39 psi across the injectors. when the pressure drops, the duty cycle to the pump increases to compensate. Depending on load, it will increase pressure to as much as 70 psi. Also, keep in mind that thee pressure reading you see on a gauge at the rail is different from the frps pid.... gauge pressure is corrected for atmospheric pressure, and will usually be 7-10 psi lower than the frps pid.

mr.magic

Established Member
Last edited:

1wild-horse

Established Member
did you fix the wiring problem then? and still low fuel press?

mr.magic

Established Member
Working on it. I was trying to check the CCRM before I fired her up. Basically I've either had to replace or upgrade every wire from the FPDM to inside the tank. The hat to pumps now have 12awg and the hat was also run and resealed in a manner that there in no way in hell it will ever leak. I have 12awg wires coming all the way to the FPDM which was initially powered by the OEM wire and a 12awg coming from the battery(a half ass job as related to the FPDM wire upgrade) to the tank. I removed the hot 12awg coming from the battery and replaced it with an 8awg and inline 30amp fuse. Also the Bosch 20/30amp relay was wired in backwards(reverse order) so that's getting straightened out as well.

At this point with all the other problems I've found with the car I have no problem throwing BoostedPerformance from NC under the bus.

Last edited:

1wild-horse

Established Member
The ccrm is basically a set of relays like stated above. the only thing a guy could really do to check it is to load test the circuits.
I removed the hot 12awg coming from the battery and replaced it with an 8awg and inline 30amp fuse.
but it sounds like if you ran a power wire to the fpdm you've bypassed the pump circuit in the ccrm ?? ( i'm asking)

mr.magic

Established Member
Sorry little sketchy on the details there. The 8awg from the battery runs into the relay pin 30. From the on out minus the stock FPDM wires its 12awg all the way with the correct placement of relay wire.

Just fired her up and she's idling pretty good with the fuel pump duty at 36-37 while pressure is at 39-41psi. Haven't driven yet but hoping for the best. Next stop is a new tune via Eric Brookes so well see if he can find anything else amiss.

Users who are viewing this thread