Is the L engine offered as a crate engine?

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
EvergreenSVT said:
Don't do it! Better off with an aftermarket engine or the engine from a Cobra.

I agree!! Hey pimp rohr do you have a built block, or are those #'s in your sig on a stock block?

Last edited:

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
The 4.6 doesn't put out the low end torque these bricks need to get moving.

Well, if he can manage to keep it stock thats true. But a Cobra engine with a KB probably has more low end torque than a 5.4L with the stock block.

Are there people out there that actually stop and say "thats fast enough"?

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Stock bottom end...but i am running a 99 model which had alittle and i do mean alittle better rods. Using comp cams though....which helps it rev higher.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No, but i am waiting to do any more mods...I have 47k on the bottom end and hope to make it last for awhile and i know that i am past the point of no return right now with my numbers. I have actually thought about dropping down to a two pound lower and a 2.8 upper but we'll see. Mine is a daily driver....even thought i barely drive 75 miles a week.

jesse

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
I really havent decided on which way to go yet. It's time for a new project and I'm looking at taking an early 70-ish bronco and building a beast. I typically don't care much for forced induction but the SVT engines were done right. What I'd really like to do is find an old Navistar 7.3 and throw a turbo on it but those engines aren't cheap either and I'm not sure that old chassis could handle the weight up front.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread