Is the Ford Performance resonator eliminator worth it?

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
Just wondering if this part is worth the money. Does it increase the blower whine and also does it add a few more ponies?

barspen

Established Member
It increases the sound/whine a bit, but no added HP. I owned one, but upgraded to a larger CAI a couple years later.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
It looks a lot nicer than the muffler Ford used on the CAI. As far as whine and horsepower increases, minimal if any. I've heard whine in videos, but I've yet to hear it from the driver's seat. However, my hearing is crap, so I probably shouldn't even comment on that aspect.

Smm7PT

Established Member
Noticeable increase in whine, well when you have a Vert' and the top down. It would be embarrassing to all other bolt-ons to say any real gains in Power to the wheels.
Go PMAS if you want power!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

1st usa car

Established Member
well - more whine - no power that anyone would notice on a +500hp car. I have it sitting on the shelf if you still want one.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
I think I will be picking one up as well. One thing no one mentions is how much heat the stock muffler keeps and transfers to the intake air. After all it sits directly above an exhaust manifold. On a car that must run well in the winter by emissions law,the heat is probably welcome but I have yet to see a Shelby driven in the winter,not that there is anything wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread