is the car faster in 50-60 degree weather than 90-100 degree weather

huggytree

Established Member
ive never owned a car with a SC before.....i know my SRT Challenger is noticably faster in 60 degree weather than in 80-90 degree weather...the SRT rarely ever loses traction though

im wondering if the 13 gt500 also runs better in cooler weather or does the intercooler pretty much make 90 degree weather not mean anything?

or is it a question of tires??? does the extra traction of 90 degree weather cancel out the air temp and HP loss of 90 degree weather?

just a subject i dont see much about....on the Challenger forums they talk alot about the car waking up in 60 degree weather....and i havent seen any posts on that subject here

thought the intercooler /tires may have something to do with it

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the intercooler brings charge temps down but you should see that charge temps go down further as ambient temp goes down. Youll notice the best times are run when the air is cold and the track is still warm enough to bite.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Air density is your friend regardless of NA or S/C.
Yes, the car will run stronger in coller temps, it was VERY noticable with my '04 Cobra and I expect the same with the '14.
-J

USV8PWR

Established Member
OP...ALL cars run better in cooler weather (although their is a point of no returns) just like humans run better in cooler weather. I remember thinking 15 years ago that my 1985 Celica GTS had more spunk in cooler weather.

Anyway, heat is what saps an engine from producing more horsepower. Reduce heat (by reducing weight, enabling breathing, cooler outside temps, adding Nitrous Oxide) and feel more power. Plain and simple.

I enjoy driving the car on a very cool night in the fall or winter because of the huge amount of more power I have but if the road are much cooler than 50 degrees it is almost impossible to get any traction (without stopping and doing burnouts) which makes the power increase unusable.

Users who are viewing this thread