Is steeda working w/ the maker of the IRS cover brace?

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Thanks for the update Joe. There was no collaboration between two seperate designs, yet they ended up being almost identical in apppearance. That would lead most people to conclude the second product to market is a copy of the first.

Zman04

Established Member
Amen brother! I work at one of the biggest aftermarket wholesellers in the u.s,we carry over 300 lines of car and truck accs.And I would only use a very small group of them on my one vehicles.It is very nice to see someone stand behind their product, I will be ordering one this weekend or monday from you! I just bought my Cobra about 2 weeks ago I have only put 50 miles on it. But you guys have me scared shitless to drive it without this brace.I already have a stack of parts to put on so, I better get one of these too. Doug thanks for being on this site, and helping the little people. I wish all aftermarket vendors were like you!!!

dougwg

Established Member
you don't have to be scared.... just watch the wheel hop

you have to remember... I'm a little guy too

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Hey MJ--I'm on my way to pick up a single turbo kit or the 99 Cobra. Not sure when I will install it, but I gotta keep up with you entrepreneurs.

I'm in the patent business, no way I would ever impose that on you small volume aftermarket guys. When several people have the same problem at the same time, it is likely their solutions will be similar.

Copying someone else's unpatented product may be legal but it isn't right, and I hope the market place takes care of it.

Joe

Zman04

Established Member
I have owned a few stangs 98Cobra 88gt. BUt this is the first one w/IRS. I am somewhat skeptical but I know soon I will have around 450rwhp and would like to keep the IRS I just hope product like yours keeps it intact.Would you rather me call the order in or order off your website. I know how it is when the phone keeps ringing, it is hard to get anyhing done! I take over 300 calls a day. and all I do is look up parts for people and sell them!

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
as of right now the only way to order is to call....

I need to get the "online ordering" up and running still

Zman04

Established Member
Thats cool. Will you be taking calls today? I quite taking calls at 2:00 central time, I could call you after that if you will be in. Let me know.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Joe Lynch said:
Hey MJ--I'm on my way to pick up a single turbo kit or the 99 Cobra. Not sure when I will install it, but I gotta keep up with you entrepreneurs.

I'm in the patent business, no way I would ever impose that on you small volume aftermarket guys. When several people have the same problem at the same time, it is likely their solutions will be similar.

Copying someone else's unpatented product may be legal but it isn't right, and I hope the market place takes care of it.

Joe

Holy crap, you finally did it!! Turbo is the way! I know you've been talking about going that route for at least the last 2-3yrs. Let me know if I can ever be of any help to you. :rockon:

MJ

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
those dirty assholes at steela. I cant believe they lowered their price that much. FU*K THEM!!!

marcseidler

LIKE I SAID!
Make a decent part and sell it for a fair price and let the market take care of itself. I have your brace and agree it is the real deal. Just when you see this stuff online do not get so bent out of shape and let these threads become monsters. Your expertice is in the technical design side and is appreciated. These threads can make a decent hard working person who is only defending his design come out wrong. It is unfortunate but the internet threads have a way of blowing up in all faces. It is hard to truely defend and represent yourself or your products to all reading the threads. Remember we read so many threads similar to this one and we may not know all parties involved and that makes it very difficult for any claims made to be validated, etc. So a legitimate claim can come off just like a BS and or Lie based on the authors writing talent.

Users who are viewing this thread