is slave cyclinder covered under powertrain warranty?

BADSEED

Established Member
my 11 gt is in for pressure plate bolts backing out dealer called me thursday and said i might have to pay for new slave if it is messed up, but i thought it was covered under powertrain warranty too, just not the clutch disc itself wasnt under warranty?

BrianH87

Established Member
You should not have to pay for a slave / TOB. The only items not covered are wear items like clutch disc's, brake pads, air filters, etc... Plus, in your case, the loose pressure plate could have messed with the slave. They're probably just trying to mess with you since you have mods.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
my 11 gt is in for pressure plate bolts backing out dealer called me thursday and said i might have to pay for new slave if it is messed up, but i thought it was covered under powertrain warranty too, just not the clutch disc itself wasnt under warranty?

Hi BADSEED,

How many miles are on your GT?

Ashley

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
I'm replacing my slave right now in my 4/10 production 2011 that the dealer wouldn't take care of for the second time. The bolts backed out at 38k miles the first time in November (bought the car with 32k) and I replaced everything with the 2014 clutch/flywheel and slave. I am at 42k miles now and started having the same symptoms as before last week. The pedal after some harsh vibrations went to the floor and left me stranded. Got the tranny out yesterday and the bolts have come back out and the slave is damaged all to hell again. Dealer told me the same thing as last time. Go phuck yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread