Is she totaled?

SuperStang954

Established Member
they can fix anything these days. But it all depends on the insurance company. I T-boned a car in my dually 3500 and they didn't total it. It was 12k to fix it too! It all depends if the cost of the value there going to give you exceeds the repairs. by the look of that doesn't look totalled or even look like its going to be in the shop long. Unless you have some frame damage.

07vert

Established Member
nah, i dont think so...probably looking at 7-9g's or so in damage

01-04Cobra

Established Member
What the hell happened? Did the guard rail jump in front of you? is that on 528? I want to say that depending on the insurance co. it might be a total. I would say get ready to buy it back.

Krwy

Established Member
Air bags deploy? If so, I would think it might be close to totaled. They can fix it though, if anything it might be straighter after its put on a frame machine.

You figure, both fenders, hood, bumper, both aprons, anything that is broken, paint and body. Could be close.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Ehhh, that's gonna be a coin flip.

Looks worse than it probably is, assuming the frame didn't take a lickin'.

CraigsSnake

Established Member
What the hell happened? Did the guard rail jump in front of you? is that on 528? I want to say that depending on the insurance co. it might be a total. I would say get ready to buy it back.

I was driving down sandlake going to merge onto kirkman and I guess I hit something slick in the road because the rear wheels just let loose and the next thing I know I'm looking at the rail. I wasn't even going the speed limit because it was rush hour and there was traffic everywhere. It was crazy. I hit the guard rail going maybe 35 - 40 mph.

Air bags did not deploy, but the front bumper shattered into like 5 pieces.

Looking under the hood, all of the hoses are off and all of the tubing for the ac is broken. The inter cooler reservoir is rubbing against the supercharger belt.

I have geico insurance, does anyone have an idea of what they would value my car at?

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Dude! Hope you're ok.

As others have said, they can fix pretty much anything it's just whether it depends if your insurance decides if it's worth it. If they fix it, Samuels in Sanford is one of the best in the area.

Jefe

Established Member
No way unless there is engine damage. How many miles? You need to be approaching 75% of value in order for them to total it. Funny enough, the last few claims Ive seen have our Cobras priced out higher than KBB/NADA/etc

You have aftermarket mods covered or just a basic policy?

Last edited:

MeetMeAtThePark

Force Fed Snake
Established Member
Ouch man glad you're alright doesn't look like too bad of a wreck but looks like that guard rail got the best of your front end. Good luck with everything hopefully if this one's totaled you'll have another one on the way! One less out there though :(

Users who are viewing this thread