Is running straight pipes and an offroad x considered bad?

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
Basically, I know this is loud and all but just wondering if this will hurt the car in any way with valves or lack of back pressure issues. BTW this is a question for a friend. He says it won't hurt anything and I tell him that it is hard on the car and he will lose low end torque.

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
the only way you can really hurt a motor exhaust wise is by running open headers at high RPM, or with no headers, thats guaranteeing a burnt valve

hate to break it to you, youre wrong, wont hurt anything, and running an O/R pipe wont really hurt Low end torque, (running no tailpipes will make you lose more), especially on a v8, where torque isnt really a problem. on boosted cars, good exhaust flow is a good thing to have.

Back when my car was stock, i went from catted with Tailpipes, to catted with dumps, to o/r with dumps, i barely noticed a loss of torque with any of those steps.

Last edited:

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
Thanks for the input. Any other ideas? Also to the guy who made the video with straight pipes and offroad x, did you notice any loss in low end torque?

Users who are viewing this thread