Is rice dead?

PonyXpress

I don't know about the rest of the country, but I've been noticing a lot fewer neon ****roaches crawling around compared to just a year ago. Mybe it's just me but I hope this godawful fad is on it's way out elsewhere. Is anybody else seening this? :shrug:

RHSPJETER64

Established Member
I've noticed that too here in my part of the country.

It's either that or there are so many they go unnoticed now :-\

mcaligiuri

Established Member
cause all those idiots have wrecked their cars by now and can't afford to redo the rice anymore. So many have gave up and moved on :thumbsup: hope they see the light

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
XR4Turbo said:
Its not dead, but its slowly dying, kicking and screaming (farting) the whole way.
lol... :D

I'd really like to see it fade away as more come to their senses, but I think the Navy base parking lots are a good indicator and they are still chock full of those rolling crap cans. :shrug:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
no went downtown and saw like 5 in a row, one guy with the open lamborghini doors
a real lamborghini with open lamborghini doors as well!
Buuuut
i also saw like 20 musclecars in a row, including some mean and nasty classic cars

Thrust

Established Member
I think that it is on the way out. Seeing how we are entering a new mucle car era, I think that in about 5 years rice will be a thing of the past.

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I don't understand this younger ricer crowd. When I was young and was wanting a car, Mustangs- Camaro's- Trans-Ams were cool and what all young guys wanted a real V-8 Muscle car! Now if you have one of these and not a Honda-Neon or Subaru or any of the other fart canners you not COOL,or whatever the hell they call being popular now! What happened to these kids! :shrug:

Last edited:

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
It is still live and kicking here in Empuriabrava / Barcelona Spain. At least they don't have the huge wings here. They still have the fart makers and the angled tailpipes. I thought I was going to be able to get away from rice for two week; no the case.

Sapperstang

Established Member
Doesn't look dead around here at all. Just yesterday I saw a Sentra with huge "rally" lights on the front bumper, huge tach, cheap racing seat in place of the drivers seat, far can etc etc

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Lightning LA said:
I don't understand this younger ricer crowd. When I was young and was wanting a car, Mustangs- Camaro's- Trans-Ams were cool and what all young guys wanted a real V-8 Muscle car! Now if you have one of these and not a Honda-Neon or Subaru or any of the other fart canners you not COOL,or whatever the hell they call being popular now! What happened to these kids! :shrug:
Here's my theory on the reason for that, and it might sound a little far out, but consider it.....

The divorce rate is so much higher now and has been in the past decade than it was in the 50's, 60's & 70's that there are many more boys who grow up w/out a Dad under the same roof as them. And since muscle cars enthusiasts are mostly men, that mean that atleast half the boys who grow up being driven around in Mom's subaru, or Honda four banger never get exposed to some V8 muscle unless one or two of their best buddies gets one. Whereas many of us were exposed to some good ole V8 muscle in our family.

My point is that many teenage boys don't know any better since they've had very limited exposure to cars with hi-perf V8 engines and RWD, since Mom will usually own a more "practical" vehicle such as a 4 cylinder Subaru that gets better gas mileage than a V8 muscle car will, and has wrong wheel drive which is often a little better in the snow. So they don't know anything else but 4 banger foriegn wrong-wheel-drive cars or monsterous SUV's that are way too big and too heavy to ever be fast.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Unfortunately rice will survive forever. As long as there are cheap cars, kids with no money and a desire to go faster, rice will survive. Laugh now but 10 years from now you'll see riced out 00-04 v8 stangs Cobras, Machs, GTs, because they'll be cheap like the hondas of today. On the other hand I might retract the Cobra and the Mach because the production numbers were limited. GTs on the other hand are plentiful.

15 years ago it was considered nice to own a Honda sedan because they were quality built. Most Honda dealers would not finance you a car if your credit record was blemished. It's come full cirlce now.

Users who are viewing this thread