Is my vmp 2.3 gen1 tvs compatible with methanol injection

musclemustangcb

Established Member
I've been researching the use of methanol injection with roots and tvs blowers. I've read some blowers are not compatible with methanol as it damages the rotors? Can i use methanol injection with my vmp tvs blower? With my experience of methanol injection, The benefits are far worth the investment! I've only used it with centrifugal blowers and turbos. I currently have an 08 gt500 w/ 2.3 tvs with 2.4 upper pulley. I'm looking to upgrade my lower to a 15% od and I've read that a 2.4 and a 15% is not recommended on pump gas. I do not have e85 in the state that i live in and feel methanol would be a convenient substitute. Please advise, Thanks in advance! !!!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
The vanes are coated but should not be an issue.

A 2.40 and 15pct will have you over 21psi at sea level and should not be run on pump gas. I do, but a never nail it on the street so it never sees the 23psi I make with that combo and a GEN II.

My recommendation is that meth injection be used to help quell detonation, not as a substitute for proper fuel.

musclemustangcb

Established Member
Thankyou for the quick response! I agree, there isn't a substitute for proper fuel. Perhaps a 10% od would suffice? With methanol I could get more potential (not complete potential like e85) out of the 10%????

albaluma

Established Member
The vanes are coated but should not be an issue.

A 2.40 and 15pct will have you over 21psi at sea level and should not be run on pump gas. I do, but a never nail it on the street so it never sees the 23psi I make with that combo and a GEN II.

My recommendation is that meth injection be used to help quell detonation, not as a substitute for proper fuel.

what is your recommendation to use for 91 octane fuel?
i mean which pulley combo we should use to be safe?

vmp tvs, 2.4 pulley, vmp 67mm tb, 155mm jlt, headers, x-pipe, corsa catback, 98lb injector, KB bap, afco dual fan heat exchanger.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Call us and let's discuss. The problem with generalities are that they are often taken out of context and are not OK for all people.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread