Is my TB and Plenum holding my back trinity?

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
OP...regarding your concern on gains or applicability of a Trinity with larger TB/Plenum...my car was making 682rwhp/679rwtq with only 2.4 upper, stock lower, headers , 4.10's with VMP Twin 65 TB + port matched O-Sized BPS plenum. I can't speak for the plenum itself as the dyno pulls were done after install. I once tried bolting on a FRPP CJ Mono but despite 17rwhp WOT gain on Base Pull Wrench Lights haunted us. Eventually I called PBH for the KB168/XBA Package.
BPS also makes the XBA plenum so essentially my KB Mono Blade swap was basically a TB upgrade. Dyno gains were 35rw (682 to 716) + surprisingly similar rwtq. The car has perfect street manners, no stumbles anywhere, pulls crisp & idles a but higher at 850-900. I liked those results.

Traction wise....the car dead hooks in 2nd gear anywhere from 15-40mph ( 1800-3900rpm) with MT ET DR's set at 20psi. If in future you decided to upgrade your blower the XBA + KB Mono would LOVE to get behind a KB blower :). Adding the XBA Plenum + KB 168 on your set up might show even more gains than my results. Port matching the XBA to the Trinity takes 20 minutes with a Dremel. If you someday decided to sell the Trinity the port match would not effect the resale with stock elbow. To me the $1400 swap was well worth it especially after the sale of my Twin Blade offset some of the cost. Hope This Helps ........

Attachments

• MM Headers Dyno Graph 12-14.jpg
    MM Headers Dyno Graph 12-14.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 72
  • ZMM Graph Oct 17.jpg
    ZMM Graph Oct 17.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 65
  • ZMM Oct 17 Column.jpg
    ZMM Oct 17 Column.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread