Is my response too aggressive to a potential customer?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks good Tim. I'm a fan of painted cabinets, but those look really nice.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks, it was actually the clients idea. After 25 years of doing this it isn't every day you get to incorporate a new idea. I'm sure it has been done before, but I can't say I've ever seen it. The only downside to it, which probably wouldn't be a problem in other parts of the country with more humidy, it shrunk about 1/2" and left a 1/4" gap where it met the countertop. We had to redo it once it fully acclimated.
that was probably the most annoying thing but came out great nonetheless

tistan

Established Member
Looks good Tim. I'm a fan of painted cabinets, but those look really nice.
Thanks, we custom designed those door panels. We had our modular/semi custom Schroll Cabinets price it, but they couldn't make some of the exact size boxes we needed, so we used our custom guy to make them. Schroll had built a sample door for us to see if they could even do it, and then liked it so much that they decided to add it to their product line.

dan1982

Established Member
Damn right I am because I'm one of the best.
Glen Johnson was one helluva fighter. we can alll learn something from him.
glen-johnson-quote-lbk0q2p.jpg

Jamose

Seems straightforward and professional to me. Sounds like the guy is a tool and looking to penny pinch. You're probably better off not working with him.

FJohnny

Established Member
The guy who tries to get best bang for the buck (penny pincher?) over the long term will, income being equal, live a better life with better stuff and more of it than the free spender who doesn't try.

He's not a tool.

The skilled contractor who doesn't give away his services at a loss or near break even during a good market is smart and deserves to do well.

He's not a knob.

Free market takes care of both. There are no bad guys here.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Don’t know if that’s a $400k kitchen or not, but the biggest mistake someone can make in this age of social media is to assume something they put in writing can’t/won’t come back to bite them in the ass later. Being in sales you should know that.

Users who are viewing this thread