Is my boost bypass valve set up correctly?

Venom351R

Established Member
I drove the car for the first time up here since getting in in January. I noticed that the factory boost gauge is not reading anything and the blower does not have any whine to it. It has a lower crank pulley and upper pulley and I've been told its been ported. It should scream, but its silent. My EGR system has been removed so I'm not sure if this changes anything with the bypass valve or not but the pictures show how mine is set up.
There was an aftermarket boost gauge installed once in the car but that is now gone but the boost line is still at the boost T behind the glove box. I capped that off so it was just the factory boost lines that should be getting any boost but that did not change anything.

IMG_2628.jpg
IMG_2627.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
EGR removal won't affect the bypass. It's been a minute, but that looks right to me. Fire the car up and rev the engine a couple times. The bypass should move.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I put zip ties on my lines as safety measure.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Venom351R

Established Member
Heres the back of the blower just for reference for everything being set up correctly. I believe the one port that is capped off has to do with the EGR. I want to make sure everything is set up right to eliminate that and then move onto it being the bypass being bad. From the video it does not appear as though it wants to hold pressure.

418648030_4447990038673034_6881227307884385741_n.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
IIRC the capped port is for the PCV. Which I'm guessing is deleted along with the EGR. It looks like your bypass is connected to the correct port from here. You can pick up one of those hand vacuum pumps to test the valve. But yeah, if it's not holding with your finger there's a good chance the diaphragm is shot.

Venom351R

Established Member
That's pretty much where I'm at with it now with everything appearing to be hooked up correctly. I wanted to be sure of that before putting parts on it. Bought a bypass valve off of Ebay shipped for $84 and will be here on weds. I'm off from work on thursday and the weather as of now looks ok for that day so I should be able to take it out and make whine whine noises hopefully

Soap

Established Member
If this is on the car, I'm sure there are a bunch of other issues too.

--Joe

Attachments

• WTF.JPG
    WTF.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 45

hotcobra03

Established Member

Soap

Established Member
such as what and why?
What......who knows?
Why.......because anyone that plugs a vacuum line with what looks like RTV and some screws is a hack and I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the same quality of work has been performed on other aspects of the car.

--Joe

Venom351R

Established Member
What......who knows?
Why.......because anyone that plugs a vacuum line with what looks like RTV and some screws is a hack and I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the same quality of work has been performed on other aspects of the car.

--Joe

Considering it runs fine, has non codes or idle issues I'd assume just as you did that its fine. Plus how you saw things then may not be as they are soon after.

Users who are viewing this thread