Is MMR Legit?

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
I know that they make great stuff, but they advertise one of their 4v longblocks as able to hold 1100 rwhp. Do you think this means that this longblock with other appropriate mods could take 25 lbs of boost from a mammoth or 3.4l whipple and maybe 800 plus rwhp reliably? I want to believe that but it just seems like that is a ton of hp with little or no increase in displacement.

Fat-cat

Established Member
Uhhhh yeah there are guys making that much power on stock long blocks. MMR from what i can tell had some rough years 4-5 back. But has since made a solid modular product. Someone may chime in different with first hand experience. As for the power capability its realistic. 25 pounds out of a 3.4L should make north of 800wheel and no blow the motor to shit. However with that kinda power level anything can happen. There are guys running 1000 wheel on the stock short/ long blocks with Turbos.

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
On their website they state they have an A+ ratting with the BBB but I searched on the BBB.com and cant find them. I tried searching using their website and under business name I tried MMR and Modular Mustang Racing... :shrug:

EDIT: also searched their address on BBB.com and nothing came back...

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
I don't know. I found it via Google versus trying to search the BBB's website.

I think I may have typed in my zip code for a search area range. I am down in LA so maybe they are outside of my search area :shrug: But you think typing in their address would have brought them up...

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
MMR is good, I put one of their 900 blocks in my Lightning, 700 miles, so far so good

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
I just put a big down payment on my longblock MMR street mod 1500 4v i,am putting a 3.4 it should have about 8-900 hp when all said and done.Ive heard nothing but good thing about them.

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
They are hit and miss. Some people have had horrible experiences with them and some good. There are massive threads on the number of people with problems. I have seen great blocks from them though. The only problem we ever had was a local guy bought a block from them. Had no idea what was in it. When he called a WEEK later and asked about his block they had no idea what was in it. So he has a MMR block with no info on it he bought from MMR. I think he is still running and it made great numbers so take it for what its worth.

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
I know in the s197 3v world, you could not give a MMR motor to someone. They are avoided like the plague, and whenever anyone asks about them, the flaming ensues.

I have no factual knowledge, only what I have read. And I have never read anything positive.

purdueranger

Established Member
I have a MMR1100 short block in my car and it's seeing 700RWHP and is getting retuned Friday to see 800HP. It has about 4600 miles on it.

tj4891

Established Member
i just got 900 longblock from them, i find if you deal with mark or grant you will be better off, only problem i had was that they said it will be 3 to 4 weeks it ending up to be 7 weeks before it shipped out

Users who are viewing this thread