Is mine weird?

K2AHollywood

Established Member
So I was organizing my billing/invoice folder for the Cobra and I was just sitting here thinking, FML. My car and I seem to experience all the odd problems that no one else does...and I guess Im posting for some sympathy and attention - haha and well to see if Im not really alone like I think. So here are some of the things we have broken, parts replaced and ongoing issues:
1.) Burned through 3 VSS (vehicle speed sensors) Yes they were all tested and installed correctly. And apparently I have a completely different type and style then everyone else, each had to be special ordered from Ford
2.) 1 crankshaft position sensor
3.) 4 crankshaft position sensor connectors…yes that’s right. Either from debris, or the last time a broken serpentine belt, I have shattered that connector that many times and been left stranded.
4.) A persistent electrical draw even though all things are within spec, car will be dead in less then a week.
5.) New battery harness….the whole thing….
6.) 2 batteries with confirmed bad cells and/or plates
7.) Standard plugs that burn way hot, colder plugs are perfect.
8.) A randomly now inoperable rear defrost
9.) Cut/broke stainless steel brake hose.
Those are a few off the top opf my head, crazy right? I think mines is truly the Ginger step child…

71catruck

Established Member
um i would say yes that's a little weird. i had an idler pulley that started to make noise and my fan just started to squeak. oh and i broke a shift fork because i had a stock shifter. all other damage was from me crashing or the ex. knock on wood. sorry man.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Did you ever run over a black cat with your car?? Drive under a ladder? Back into a mirror? Do you live near a super secret sub base that emits some form of emp radiation? (Don't boomers come out of Washington state?) That is some weird sh--. Hope you've seen the end of these issues.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
4.) A persistent electrical draw even though all things are within spec, car will be dead in less then a week.

i have the same problem...pisses me off!

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Damn, that really sucks... I've replaced one idler pulley and I occasionally have to clean my IAC. I've owned the car for slightly over 3 years and put 40k on it.

ETA: squeaks and rattles are another story, however.

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Electrical draw could be a bad alt diode.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-draining-your-battery-when-ignition-off.html

Rear defrost on 99 Cobras is tied into the gauge cluster AND the AC. If the fuse is intact (above left knee fuse panel), you may have a harness or wire in the back of the cluster that might be broken or shorted.

SS hoses breaking or fraying is user error. If you rotate it too far forward, the lip of the rotating rim will make contact and cut into the hose.

Crank position sensor. You're on your own.
VSS. Yeah, you're ****ed.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Electrical draw could be a bad alt diode.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-draining-your-battery-when-ignition-off.html

Rear defrost on 99 Cobras is tied into the gauge cluster AND the AC. If the fuse is intact (above left knee fuse panel), you may have a harness or wire in the back of the cluster that might be broken or shorted.

SS hoses breaking or fraying is user error. If you rotate it too far forward, the lip of the rotating rim will make contact and cut into the hose.

Crank position sensor. You're on your own.
VSS. Yeah, you're ****ed.

Lol I forgot about my Rear Defrost, it doesnt work either. Lol so the circuit isnt even completed

Users who are viewing this thread