Is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player to ever play the game?

Is MJ the best all around basketball player ever to play in the NBA?

• Total voters

Jroc

Established Member
I say yeah without a doubt which makes this seem like a stupid question, but I want to see what others think, and this is why I'm asking this.

I've had people tell me they didn't think so, and that he was overrate.

To that I say:
71p6d1.jpg

I started watching the NBA in the early 90's, and of all the great players(Shaq, AI, Kobe, Lebron, etc) Jordan is still the best. I started watching basketball around the end of Bird, and Magics careers(Magics BS comeback in 95 doesn't count) but I don't remember them very well, and they were likely out of their primes. I'm sure Jordan was still a better all around player than the older greats though.

4valved

Banned
Jordan is hands down the best player I'm nba history imo. He had it all offense, defense, everything.

Jefe

Established Member
Could make an argument for Kareem but I agree

97samssnake

Established Member
It's definitely arguable, the people that say its not are just unrealistic. Wilt set records that will never be broken, nobody knows what Magic's final years would have looked like. Bill Russell and Kareem have arguable cases as well. And Lebron has more than a few years left too.

jim g

Established Member
yes hes the best ever
..... and my link isn't working.....

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Jordan had a way of stepping up when he got called out.

When I saw this live on TV I thought it was the greatest moment in NBA history. It was just so perfect.
Michael Jordan Dunks on Dikembe Mutombo - YouTube

I also remember Jerry Stockhouse talking smack about Jordan before a game in his rookie season and Jordan made plenty sure that Stockhouse never made that mistake again as he straight up took Stockhouse to school in that game.

flS/R

Established Member
I don't normally watch basketball now nor did I back then, but when Jordan was playing and it was on TV, I would make an exception because he was the Chuck Norris of basketball

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

Thanks for the new wallpaper!

For everything Jordan was, in the time he played and the way he changed the game he is right now the best player to ever grace the court. There are plenty of great players who are up there but man he was just something else. Right now I enjoy watching lebron and he continues to develop and get better. By the end of his career he will be in the conversation along with Kobe.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Yes. His record is flawless, and the stats are insane. He took a year off, came back, and won three more in a row. He would have had 7 consecutive championships if he had not retired for that one season.

Magic and Kareem would be tied for second on that list IMO. Jordans record is just too damn impressive to call him anything but the best.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I was a huge fan as a kid. When the bulls had Jordan, Pippen, Tony Kucoke(spelling?), rodman, and others they were truly a force to be reckoned with.

But watching Jordan was poetry in motion. He was like a super hero out on the court!

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
I am most likely biased, but he was dominating in my time of growing up and actually I missed some of his early years as I was too young to remember. but yeah as far as I've seen and heard Jordan is the best.

ProbieG

Future Hose Jockey
Established Member
Jordan had a way of stepping up when he got called out.

When I saw this live on TV I thought it was the greatest moment in NBA history. It was just so perfect.
Michael Jordan Dunks on Dikembe Mutombo - YouTube

I also remember Jerry Stockhouse talking smack about Jordan before a game in his rookie season and Jordan made plenty sure that Stockhouse never made that mistake again as he straight up took Stockhouse to school in that game.

Motumbo geico commercial - YouTube

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Yes - but as a die hard NBA & Bulls fan, I admit I'm biased.

He's at least the equal of anyone else I can think of in terms of pure skill. His diabolical competitive fire, and sheer will to win are what put him over the top, IMHO.

svquattro

Established Member
Definitely Jordan. Besides the fact that he was an amazing player, it's his leadership and competitiveness that really puts him over Labron and Kobe. As the statue says in front of the United Center, "The best there ever was. The best there ever will be."

Users who are viewing this thread