is lady liberty actually a man?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Ive recently gotten into coin collecting and couldnt help but notice than on the american platinum eagle lady liberty has a heck of a strong jawline. Then i looked at the peace and morgan silver dollars and aside from the hair there really arent any feminine facial features. Lady liberty statue in NYC has always looked odd to me and doing some research there's a theory that Frederic Bartholdi had a very sick brother and he was his primary care taker. The guy couldnt talk so they just stared at each other hours on hours everyday which ended up making him use his brothers facial features when sculpting the statue instead of his mom's.

Or maybe french women from this time period were just androgynous looking.

Also, theres also some weird theories about Bartholdi being a freemason and the statue has hidden symbols and represents something entirely different than whats commonly taught.

Any history buffs on here? Thoughts?

2019-1-oz-american-platinum-eagle-bu_171848_slab.jpg

VegasMichael

Established Member
Have you seen photos and artistic renditions of women from long ago? I mean the Mona Lisa was considered to be the ideal depiction of a woman back then. Personally, I think she is rather homely.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The walking liberty, peace dollar, etc.., doesn't resemble a male at all. The designer(s) have different interpretations.

Last edited:

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
As far as Freemason hidden symbols, that's bs. Nothing "hidden". Its tv sensationalism and clickbait.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
No I hadn't until now. After looking it up, seems to be kind of a stretch.

View attachment 1819097
Learned this in the 8th grade when a teacher pointed it out. But it is due to how the lace was draped on the back with the boarder over top so a trick of the eye. My one uncle worked for the US Treasury that actually made the bills in D.C. and this is the truth since he knew most of the engravers for the dies for said bills, no conspiracy theories other than what bored people want to believe over this.

The security was just nuts you got searched very thoroughly when you enter for your shift, then the same when you left and got in trouble if you even tried to leave with a pen, pencil or even a bill wrapper on you! And if you did you ended up with the FBI and US Marshals for a few hours in a small room asking questions about how and why you was with such US property and why you was so careless and lax with your security protocols.

Users who are viewing this thread