Is it wrong to trade svtpp car in with different wheels?

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
Is it "wrong" to trade in a svtpp car with my winter tires and wheels on it? 2010 vert wheels. I could sell my svtpp wheels for more, especialy since theyre widened

fullboogie

Established Member
Well, since it's not really something that you're "hiding" from the dealer, I'd think it's ok. If they don't care, why should you?

CashMoneyKC

Established Member
No not at all. You arent required to tell them unless they specifically ask "hey did you widen these tires". From my understanding the vehicle doesnt have to be stock to trade it in and If they say nothing about it then you dont have to either. People trade in cars all the time with different tires and sizes as well with no problem. If the dealer wants to sell it to someone differently then you had the car then let them take the cost out of their pocket.

So does this mean you are getting rid of your GT500?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I don't blame you, I would too. Like already mentioned, if they don't care, why should you. Heck, the dealer likely won't notice the difference.

CashMoneyKC

Established Member
No not at all. You arent required to tell them unless they specifically ask "hey did you widen these tires". From my understanding the vehicle doesnt have to be stock to trade it in and If they say nothing about it then you dont have to either. People trade in cars all the time with different tires and sizes as well with no problem. If the dealer wants to sell it to someone differently then you had the car then let them take the cost out of their pocket.

So does this mean you are getting rid of your GT500?

They usually only ask if the car has ever been wrecked but to trade it in it doesnt have to be stock ...they wont even realize and your not being dishonest. it nots going to affect the car from working properly anyway.

Its like me not telling them that I had changed rim size up from factory and put tires that werent OEM......

what kind of winter tires do you have....are you trying to sell them possibly?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
you know baby seats fit in the back of the Mustang.

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
you know baby seats fit in the back of the Mustang.

One does.... but the rear facing doesn't. Getting a Touareg TDI for now. Maybe I'll get a '15 GT500....

IMG_1334.gif

bumplime

Established Member
Not sure what rear facing seat you have used but mine fit with no problems.
Graco my ride 65 this seat is huge and a Chicco Key fit as well.
While not ideal they both fit and didn't prevent me from taking my babies in my car

Crushinator

Established Member
Nothing wrong with it. If they don't notice, no big deal.

Sent you a PM about your wheels and other mods.

[EDIT] Opps, nevermind. Just saw you have it listed for sale with everything on it.

Last edited:

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
While not ideal they both fit and didn't prevent me from taking my babies in my car

well it could work, but I'm selling it so we can afford the wife's new SUV. I have two cars, so the "impractical" one needs to go for now.

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
Nothing wrong with it. If they don't notice, no big deal.

Sent you a PM about your wheels and other mods.

[EDIT] Opps, nevermind. Just saw you have it listed for sale with everything on it.

I'm going to offer it as is for now- so I dont have to take two days pulling the H/E, shifter, subwoofer, wot box, etc, etc. If I don't get any bites right away, I'm going to pull everything so I can trade it in. Then there will be a fire sale on all the mods. Should know this weekend.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
get a EcoBoost Flex

there is a tuned one running 12.99!

[youtube_browser]pwFYHGRisUQ[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]kuJTmXH1U_4[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

buck24

Established Member
Is it "wrong" to trade in a svtpp car with my winter tires and wheels on it? 2010 vert wheels. I could sell my svtpp wheels for more, especialy since theyre widened

I'm right up the road with stock svt wheels, I'll trade you mine and cover the costs of wheels and tires if your interested, the only thing I was concerned about was what to trim so they would fit but I need traction :).

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
One does.... but the rear facing doesn't. Getting a Touareg TDI for now. Maybe I'll get a '15 GT500....

IMG_1334.gif

ok I have a baby on the way and im ordering a 13 gt500...where did you get this awesome seat and for how much? besides it saying recaro of course lol

which type are using? would be good to know for when my daughter arrives, although i already planned to just move the seat up

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I'm going to offer it as is for now- so I dont have to take two days pulling the H/E, shifter, subwoofer, wot box, etc, etc. If I don't get any bites right away, I'm going to pull everything so I can trade it in. Then there will be a fire sale on all the mods. Should know this weekend.

As I mentioned in your for sale ad I'd be interested in the wheels/tires. I'll trade you my 2011's 19's all the way around plus cash..whatever we could agree on. Mine have like 1400 miles on them right now and are in perfect condition.

Users who are viewing this thread