Is it worth the extra $

Trainman

Established Member
I'm ordering a Mac o/r prochamber and Mac catback very soon for my 03. The car is not a daily driver at all (garage queen), and I need to know if its worth the extra money to upgrade to the SS. If not, how big of a difference in looks is there between the two?

wheelhopper

Established Member
The aluminumized will start to get some surface rust rather quickly, while the stainless takes much longer. It is just a matter of how long you plan on keeping the car or the exhaust on the car. If you are going to keep it for many years, I would go with the stainless. If you think after 2-3 years you're going to get rid of the car or change the exhaust, which you may change the midpipe if you ever install long tubes, I would get the aluminumized.

Jroc

Established Member
I wish I had gone with the stainless Prochamber when I bought mine as I like it so much that I think I'm going to keep it when I upgrade to some Kook LT's and they and my Magnaflow exhaust are both stainless but my midpipe won't be. I was originally planning on getting a Kooks x-pipe to get around to do new headers. Still $450 is a lot of money for a O/R midpipe, stainless or not.

Trainman

Established Member
I decided to go with a SS catback, and just aluminumized prochamber for now intil I install longtubes on the car later down the road, then I will buy the SS midpipe. I don't want to pay 450-500 on a midpipe twice!

04torchred

Established Member
I decided to go with a SS catback, and just aluminumized prochamber for now intil I install longtubes on the car later down the road, then I will buy the SS midpipe. I don't want to pay 450-500 on a midpipe twice!

I think that is a fair move. For whats its worth I have been running a regular prochamber with my Mac LT for 2 years in Canadian winter weather and it doesn't look too bad. A bit of surface rust around some welds, but nothing bad. I am just now getting it modified to work with my ARH headers.

Users who are viewing this thread