Is it worth spending the time/money for another reburn? Info inside

BlKvNm

Established Member
Hey guys, I just made another dyno run with a new burn ande is the break down..

Old burn

439 hp / 492 tq
A/F 10.9:1

New burn (today)

450 hp / 501 tq
A/F 11.2 (5k and up)

Should I get another burn? I realize I am running safe but my hp are low...at least, compared to similar set-ups they are.

I'm torn...spend the time sending off the chip and pay for another dyno (for...what, another 10 hp?) or let it be!!

Mick

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Did you dyno in this heat bro?? If so don't compare those numbers to people's fall numbers.

They look good to me.

BlKvNm

Established Member
Hey what's up man, yes, it was dynod today...was told it was 86 in the bay and of course the humidity is back up again. I'm told Rick at Amazon has a great program for my set-up...just don't know if it is worth the effort to be honest. I'm going nuts not being able to drive it...

Mick

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
How much boost are you seeing on the gauge? If it's around 14 - 16 it seems right for the heat.

Rick can weigh in for sure, and he's always willing to offer advice. Link this in the Amazon forum. I've never seen him steer someone wrong yet, even if it means NOT selling something.

BlKvNm

Established Member
Good idea, I will probably shoot Linn a PM. As far as the boost...made 16, dropping to 13. Thanks for the info Sly.

Mick

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Anytime. Let us know how it goes. Hope to get my car back soon and see everyone.

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Mick,

What's up man? Sounds like pretty good numbers for the weather we have. There are so many variables that go into making slightly higher or lower numbers on dynos. I probably wouldn't have a re-burn, but you did change out the maggies for the borla for a few extra ponies :-D

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Gonna be a tpugh call without seeing the A/F's on the pull, also timing advance that was run too. Personally I dont think I would bother and just wait till you can get a tuner IN the car. Im not a fan of these modem dealers products myself, sit down with someone who can actually adjust your A/F, timing etc all while sitting in the car.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Your numbers look fine Mick and the boost sounds just about right.
You won't see as much boost drop off on the street as you do on the dyno so take the dang car through gears at 6,200 and see what happens. ;-)

I seriously doubt Rick is going to want to lean the car out too much more. We data logged mine in Ennis and it was running 11.3 A/F at WOT and he said it was perfect for this climate.

Users who are viewing this thread