Is it worth it

twhitey

Established Member
I currently have 2.76/4lb, steg stage 3 port, ported tb/plenum, 60lb injectors, kb bap, mac pro chamber, jlt cai and a 100 dry shot.
I bought a set of hooker long tubes and an accufab tb/plenum I am thinking about adding a 6lb lower since I will retune for the tb and long tubes.
Is the 6lb worth it? Is any of the above worth it?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
You are at the point of your Eaton setup that these three improvements (and a subsequent retune.......$1,500 total maybe?), will most likely result in very little peak RWHP, but you may get some decent improvement under the curve at lower RPM's. It's becoming more and more apparent that the Eaton has very finite air flow capabilities, even with advanced porting procedures, and continuing to take the "more, more, more" approach will not yield very much power improvement.

This all being said, folks have run 10.50's with your current setup with the right tires and a decently setup suspension. Take some weight out of the car, throw those advanced mods you speak of in the above post on the car, and drive it like you stole it, and you may hit some LOW 10's.......

twhitey

Established Member
Makes me wonder if adding the long tubes and accufab are worth it. If I should sell those parts and just run what I have for a while

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The headers are going to give you a little high RPM horsepower maintenance, while the Accufab will result in a throttle response improvement and a few ponies. But with where you are, you're not going to be getting these big siginificant improvements. One side affect of the long tubes is that they do sound great!!

Users who are viewing this thread