Is it worth it?

dark98cobra

Established Member
Hi everybody, needed some help on making a decision. I have a 98 cobra with your basic bolts on. I have a buddy that is selling some heads with valve covers and coils, and intake off a 01 cobra for $700. I was wondering if it was worth the time and money to put on my 98? Thanks any help will be appreciated

Prototype007

Established Member
That's not a bad price. They are a better cylinder head and will open you up to twin screw options!

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
im debateing the same sort of thing.thinking about just adding a blower to my b heads but not sure witch one .can you still buy the 2.1 kenne bell ? for the b heads ? the vortech kit sounds good too .

crazycarlo

Established Member
Depends on what you wanna use the car for. Ill be honest man I have a 98 with a eaton swap and I wish everyday I had of kept the S trim I had. It was simple and reliable and still pretty quick.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
That seems like a good deal if you want a really nice innercooled kenne bell or whipple. I say keep the B heads and twin turbo the dog shit out of it!

Balt21

Established Member
im debateing the same sort of thing.thinking about just adding a blower to my b heads but not sure witch one .can you still buy the 2.1 kenne bell ? for the b heads ? the vortech kit sounds good too .
Yeah, they still sell the non intercooled 2.1

dark98cobra

Established Member
Well mainly im looking to stay n/a, trying to get the most hp out of the car and maybe later down the road go fi. So im not to sure if to do or not since I thought it was a good price for everything. Thanks everybody

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
The price sounds about right to me for his parts. If you are planning to build an engine in the fairly near future it might make a bit more sense to do all the changing to c heads and intake at that time. Right now NA you would be spending a fair amount of money and time to make a pretty small performance gain.
If you want 400-450 or so rwhp, a Vortech on your current engine should be a great option and its not worth changing to the c heads etc IMO.

also think of c head specific items like cc and throttle cables, alt bracket, coolant crossover, getting harness for the coil on plugs to work. Plus gaskets and timing components that you want to/ might have to replace while swapping the parts. Nothing wrong with changing to c heads but it will likely end up being more expensive than you anticipate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread