Is it safe to...

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Would it be safe to put the car in 2nd gear at a stop, rev it up to about 4-5K, and dump the clutch to smoke 'em off for a long distance? Not powerbraking just dumping the clutch and then only using the gas. I've been wanting to do this but I just spent 6K for a re-built motor and I don't want to break a halfshaft or anything.:burnout:

Black Sex

Established Member
Mine loves the 2nd gear burnouts from a stop. Get it up to about 3K-4K and drop the clutch. 1st gear is just too short. It will leave about a 5ft mark then you have to throw it in 2nd. Even from a 20-30 mph roll it will leave some good marks on the road. Im SRA though.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Oh, I have a brand new ram HD clutch so I don't have to worry about slipping. I'm trying to hurry up and wear down my nitto drs so I can get some hoosiers.

twhitey

Established Member
Not to often you have a how do a kill my tires so I can buy new ones thread. Why not just sell whats left and use that money towards the new shoes

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
This isn't a thread about how to kill my old tires. It's a thread asking if i'm going to break/mess up something if I do a 2nd gear burnout from a stop. I hardly ever do burnouts in my cobra so when I do one, I want it to be a big one!!!

Jefe

Established Member
Just makes sure its a smooth flat road and you should be fine...And video tape it from inside and out

t0ad

The Nightman
Established Member
Would it be safe to put the car in 2nd gear at a stop, rev it up to about 4-5K, and dump the clutch to smoke 'em off for a long distance? Not powerbraking just dumping the clutch and then only using the gas. I've been wanting to do this but I just spent 6K for a re-built motor and I don't want to break a halfshaft or anything.:burnout:

When I want to create a huge amount of smoke and extremely black long skid marks, that is what I do... you have to let off a little before you hit the rev limiter (keep it about 6400 rpm) and as you feel it start to grab you punch it again.

Black Sex

Established Member
or something else that is fun is, from a dead stop rev it to about 4K drop the clutch in 2nd gear, then take it up to the rev limiter right away and throw it in 3rd real fast and punch it again. That will make alot of smoke

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
my car tries to hook.... get a line lock and make life easy and roll through the gears... hell u can get into 4th that way!!!! LOTS OF SMOKE!!!!!

Ralo

Established Member
I did one in 2nd one day and the clutch wasn't very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread