Is it just me....or

jboss11

Established Member
I can drive around all day and I don't get messed with. There are plenty of ricers, vettes, cameros, porches, etc in this town. Sometimes on the weekend I drive the local highway just to see if someone wants to play. I have only had maybe two people in 7 months. Not sure if it's the looks of the Cobra or maybe the sound. Maybe I drive like an old man...which is not intising for the racer type?? Not sure. Anyone else have this problem.

Side note: I dont' think my car is the sh$t either..always someone faster!!!!

JP

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Very boring I imagine at the top of the food chain...especially if you don't purposely go out looking for competition. Many Vette owners aren't into what you're suggesting and you just don't see many high dollar cars. An Evo or STi is about as likely of competition as you're going to find on the street.

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
this is what happens to me , my girlfriend and i go out in her vehicle and i come across all kinds of potential racers mustangs, camaro's , ricers . but when i go hunting for a race in my car i don't come across anything at all. can't wait for our local track to open up, i guess it's better that i don't street race anyway. dragstrip is where it's at !

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
jboss11 said:
I can drive around all day and I don't get messed with. There are plenty of ricers, vettes, cameros, porches, etc in this town. Sometimes on the weekend I drive the local highway just to see if someone wants to play. I have only had maybe two people in 7 months. Not sure if it's the looks of the Cobra or maybe the sound. Maybe I drive like an old man...which is not intising for the racer type?? Not sure. Anyone else have this problem.

Side note: I dont' think my car is the sh$t either..always someone faster!!!!

JP

I don't have that problem @ all... When I used to drive my Cobra daily, I was running Vette's left & right! But maybe it was because of my license plate is [VET HNTR]? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I've never really got my ass handed to me by a Vette either, but it's probably because dude's w/ Vette's over here are in their late 40s/early 50s & can't drive for shit! :banana:

devilchrono

Established Member
i don't get many races in my area either. most of the other mustang guys in the area know me and we just kindof cruise if he bump into eachother on the road. the only races that seem like they'll happen is from ricers that fly up my ass and then get along side of me but then they take one look at the shaker and then drop back and switch lanes. :shrug:

svtdude03

Redfire Terminator
Established Member
The weekends are the worst for me because that's when all the little rich kids have daddy's Beamer out for the night and are driving home with their girlfriend and trying to impress them. Then I have to take time out of my night to teach them that ass warmers won't help you beat a blown V8. :coolman: Time well spent I might add.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I sold my termy which had a built solid with 4.30's and she was pullied too. Know one would race me in the 2.5 yrs I owned it. I got bored and sold it, and just last week I got out run by a C5 Zo6. Time for a few upgrades.

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
The only time I seem to get challenges is when it would be idiotic to try and race, where it would be an F&F type of race, so I don't.

Drewzilla

Established Member
Im in the same boat man. I dont really go looking for races, but Im always up for a good run. Ive had my cobra for 3 months and I get on a very popular highway to and from work, about 15 min each directions, everyday. I've had a black and silver lightning (2 different days) punch in beside me and then just keep on about 90mph the entire way. Im not going to give chase like that, especially in traffic. I also had a 350 rev at me when I was boxed in on the inside lane and he took off lol. The ONLY run I've had was with those new GT-R F150's hahaha. I think he just wanted to see me punch it or something because he kept punching it and slowing down beside me so I said what the hell...why not. Atleast I got a thumbs up lol.

2tonOfun

Established Member
Maybe you need to do what my friend has done.
He has a license plate frame that say's;
HELL YEAH
I STREET RACE

Crazy guy.

BM1

Established Member
Nothing ever happens when I'm out in my Mach, but I see tons of potential races when I'm out in my daily driver.

It sucks, but I guess that keeps me out of trouble.

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
i seem to get more of the serious racers than rice when im tooling around. ///M's and ///AMG's, sometimes old men in vette's. but it's few and far between. most of the import crowd stays away, which is a shame really, since i would like to run for fun.

derangedazn

Established Member
That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes....when you are out looking for fun, there is none, but when you dont feel like it....it finds you.

My suggestion is find the local hangout or cruising strips on a fri or sat night...those will usually be the places to find some action.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
Last time I raced on the street was when a guy in a turbo is300 kept flooring it next to me. That was about 4 months ago. The race before that one, against an M3 Bimmer was 2 months before that. I never incite a race, but it is hard to resist when the other guy does, so I'm actually happy people rarely challenge me.

jboss11

Established Member
I'm the original poster: I go and open my big mouth and guess what. On the highway coming home from lunch this weekend I was minding my own business @ 70mph and pass this Lexus SC-430. He quickly caught up and held beside me for 10-15 seconds. I dropped into forth....waited then punched it. Had a bus length in seconds. Not sure if he nailed it too, but he stayed behind me until I exited the highway. I know sad kill, but.......

jboss11

Established Member
Yeah when I drive my wife's civic I run across endless oportunities...go figure!!

Users who are viewing this thread