Is it just me...or...

dorky LS1 chick

still lurking...
Established Member
did Christmas seem to come slightly early this year? I'm not sure about where you guys are from, but around here - it seems like Christmas stuff was already up around the beginning of October. I went to a buddy's house and he and his wife already have the Christmas tree up and lights around the mantle. Also, I've seen a few houses in the area with Christmas lights already...maybe it's just a Texas thing...? :??: :shrug:

KFP21

Registered Post Abuser
Established Member
I know what you mean, my landlords already have their tree up. They always do it around thier daughters birthday, tradition I guess. We usually put ours up the weekend after thanksgiving, oh what fun that will be :lol:

jeffs04??

SHIFT_
Established Member
christmas stuff went on sale around here a few weeks before halloween. yesterday was the first day i saw christmas trees starting to go on sale. IMO you shouldent start decorating your house till after thanksgiving

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
Our outside decorations are up, only because of the mild temperatures here in ohio. Usually we are ankle deep in snow/slush by now. As for the tree.....we put it up thanksgiving weekend while enjoying a few drinks. :beer: :rolling:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Stores keep pushing for earlier and earlier Christmas displays to increase sales. Day after Thanksgiving used to be the starting date for the Christmas season but not any more... I also noticed pumpkins being sold in September this year. No way were they going to last over a month until Halloween so I bet some people bought them twice.

Mattz

Established Member
Everything is happening so fast, I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. It's probably because it's like in the 60's around here when normally it would be a lot colder.

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
Maybe it's a texas thing. Some texans just moved in next door to us and they put lights up on the outdoor tree last weekend and all kinds of decorations. Stores have been pushing christmas crap for weeks now, though. :poke:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
What are you talking about?? My best friend still has his lights up from last year:shrug: I don't really get into decorating. Ever since my brother and I were both in the hospital one year, we just don't put up a tree anymore.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
It makes me a little sick that the birth of Christ is celebrated by such a huge marketing machine. Celebrate it by buying something or else your a schmuck. Its as lame as having huge sales on Veteran's day. Hardly anyone takes time to pay attention to what the holliday is supposed to mean, we are so trained to just buy buy buy you HAVE to buy! :nonono:

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
I actually look at Christmas more as an American tradition than the birth of 'christ'.

jeffs04??

SHIFT_
Established Member
99cobrablack said:
What are you talking about?? My best friend still has his lights up from last year:shrug:

ours stay up on the house all year cuz its way too much of a hassel to put them back up every year then take them down. we just take down the lawn and interior decororations and the tree.

flyn high again said:
I also noticed pumpkins being sold in September this year. No way were they going to last over a month until Halloween so I bet some people bought them twice.

we got ours the first week of october and they are still out there. even surrived the snow we had last weekend

AndersH

Established Member
Christmas is more than an American tradition. The three in the house thing started in Germany.. Many countries celebrate this way and all of these has these stupid buy buy buy mentality..
Our shops started the christmas around 1. november.. **** them, IMO christmas starts in december, no earlier :(

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
My mom ordered a new christmas tree and decided to put it up now rather than put it away for a few weeks then have to take it out again. She also proceeded to put up the lights and these new lighted candy canes all over the front walk and back porch.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
jeffs04?? said:
ours stay up on the house all year cuz its way too much of a hassel to put them back up every year then take them down. we just take down the lawn and interior decororations and the tree.

we got ours the first week of october and they are still out there. even surrived the snow we had last weekend
The lights, they just have them there because, guess its a college thing. I think they are going to buy the lawn decorations after christmas this year for an all-year thing as well. Every house he has lived in has had christmas lights up since the first day he moved in :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread