Is anyone running NT05R 315/30/20 with 1.5" lowered on 20X11? what offsets?

hollywub

Established Member
Hey all,

I am bouncing back and forth between Toyo R888 315/30/20 and Nitto NT05R 315/35/20's.

I have heard the compounds are similiar. Some have said the NT05R loses traction, some say the Toyo R888 loses traction.

I am guessing if you dont break them in/heat cylce them initially that is the cause.

Is anyone running 315/35/20 Nitto NT05R's on a car lowered 1.5" on 20X11's?

I have a 55 offset wheel coming and I already rolled my fender lips and removed the spot welded frame box thing and relocated the bump stops.

I am worried that the Nitto might be too tall 28.7" compared to the 315/30/20 27.7"

I am also worried about side to side flex on the taller sidewall of the Nitto.

I ready to order but I feel like a psycho trying to decide...

Thanks

jojobee

Established Member
Hey all,

I am bouncing back and forth between Toyo R888 315/30/20 and Nitto NT05R 315/35/20's.

I have heard the compounds are similiar. Some have said the NT05R loses traction, some say the Toyo R888 loses traction.

I am guessing if you dont break them in/heat cylce them initially that is the cause.

Is anyone running 315/35/20 Nitto NT05R's on a car lowered 1.5" on 20X11's?

I have a 55 offset wheel coming and I already rolled my fender lips and removed the spot welded frame box thing and relocated the bump stops.

I am worried that the Nitto might be too tall 28.7" compared to the 315/30/20 27.7"

I am also worried about side to side flex on the taller sidewall of the Nitto.

I ready to order but I feel like a psycho trying to decide...

Thanks

I am running on 315 35 20 Michelin SS with a 1in dropp courtesy of FRPP P springs.
Without having my fender lip rolled i can tell you that it is awfully close and i had some rubbing a couple of times. With this setup i need to have my PH bar set exactly in the middle as i have only a couple of mm to play per side. IIf i remember correctly the offset on my Forgestars is also 55.

How did you roll you fender lip, how is it done and how much does it cost ?

Last edited:

BADBOSS

Established Member
I have the 315 Nitto Invo's

I run the 315/30/20 Invo's on 11 Steeda Spyders with no rubbing issues. Panhard is dead centered!

hollywub

Established Member
I am running on 315 35 20 Michelin SS with a 1in dropp courtesy of FRPP P springs.
Without having my fender lip rolled i can tell you that it is awfully close and i had some rubbing a couple of times. With this setup i need to have my PH bar set exactly in the middle as i have only a couple of mm to play per side. IIf i remember correctly the offset on my Forgestars is also 55.

How did you roll you fender lip, how is it done and how much does it cost ?

Thanks for the reply. I set my PH bar dead center as well. I am lowered .5" more so I might still have issues even with the fender lip rolled.

* Do you think if your lip was rolled you would not have problems with travel into the wheelwell

I brought it to my uncles shop. They had a tool that was for fender lips. They also used a heat gun. My inner fenders are completely flat and seem to be pushed out ever so slightly. To be honest, I didnt look at what it was stock. My car was there for the hood to be sprayed and they were playing around with a new tool...

jojobee

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I set my PH bar dead center as well. I am lowered .5" more so I might still have issues even with the fender lip rolled.

* Do you think if your lip was rolled you would not have problems with travel into the wheelwell

I brought it to my uncles shop. They had a tool that was for fender lips. They also used a heat gun. My inner fenders are completely flat and seem to be pushed out ever so slightly. To be honest, I didnt look at what it was stock. My car was there for the hood to be sprayed and they were playing around with a new tool...

I pretty sure it will be fine, theres space.
Just dont go wider than 315 as it will rub on the inner side of the tire.

racermatt

Established Member
With our 20"x11" Spyder wheel (59mm offset) you can run a 315/35/20 on a lowered car with an adjustable panhard bar. We do this all the time. I do not know how that tire would work on a 55mm offset wheel, though.

Let me know if I can get you in a set of these!!

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
i just bought steeda 20" x11 with nitto nt05 315/35/20 and it fit perfectly fine in the back, no rubbing and no sticking out fender, i also have eibach sportline like 2.5" lower in the back. I just wish i have 315/30/20 thou, these 35 series nitto kinda tall for me, first gear kinda overrail the engine. i Had stock 3.31 gear . 315/35/20 is exactly the same size on the BMW x5 suv with sport package, for a mustang with an suv size tire, its seem akward

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
by the way, a have stock panhard bar and the left steeda wheel/tire tuck in pretty well. Mine stock 2007 shelby rims stick out to the left a lot before with or without lowering

Users who are viewing this thread