Is Anyone Running Hankooks On A 500+ HP Truck

LTNBOLT

Blown Member
Established Member
I am interested to see the response to this question.

I've got to replace at least the back tires on my truck. I will put the new tires up front and move the fronts to the rear.

I have a fully built JDM engine with a 2.3 KB running 15-16#'s of boost on the street. I figure I'm putting down at least 540-550 HP with this setup.

In warm weather a kickdown at 40 mph will light the Nitto 555 tires. In cool weather a kickdown at 50 mph and sometimes more (depending on how cool) will bang the rev limiter.

I will probably go back to the 555R tires on the rear like I ran a couple of years ago just to get some traction on the street. I just hate replacing the rears every 9 months.

The way mine snaps loose with the 555 I am interested to see if anyone runs the Hankook tires on a built engine truck.

Talk amongst yourselves.:coolman:

Dusten

Established Member
i ran them on a 400hp truck and a 25-30mph kickdown would smoke em. i would hate to seem them on a truck like yours

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Running a harder compound tire isn't going to help with traction. 555R's would be my choice for 18's since you don't like the 555's.

You could hold out for the MT ET radials also, they're AWESOME tires.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I am built but still running a Heaton and I have good traction with 500#'s in the bed but empty, uh, no. Making 486/600. Best 60" was a 1.91. They are wearing really good considering how much time they spend spinning though.

Users who are viewing this thread