Is an extra 150rwhp worth $2k when selling.

navyfc117

FNG
Established Member
I am considering selling my car. 03 cobra. It isn't near its potential due to 91 octane and the fuel pumps maxing out. 607 rwhp is what it is making. If I spend around 2k on a fuel system and swap to e85 to unlock the cars potential would I make the money back? Or should I try and sell it as is?

Thanks

JCH03SVT

Established Member
I am considering selling my car. 03 cobra. It isn't near its potential due to 91 octane and the fuel pumps maxing out. 607 rwhp is what it is making. If I spend around 2k on a fuel system and swap to e85 to unlock the cars potential would I make the money back? Or should I try and sell it as is?

Thanks

I wouldn't go spending that kind of money just to turn around and sell the car. Usually what bumps up the price 2k is the difference between an eaton car and a whipple, or something comparable. I feel like you would take a hit doing that, but just my opinion. :beer:

Last edited:

BdJames

Established Member
I wouldn't go spending that kind of money just to turn around and sell the car. Usually what bumps up the price 2k is the difference between an eaton car and a whipple, or something comparable. I feel like you would take a hit doing that, but just my opinion. :beer:

^ agreed. Plus you may limit your buyers. If the buyer is like I am, I would rather make the decision on what fuel route I want to go. What happens if you switch to E85 but that type of fuel isn't available to a motivated buyer?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
^ agreed. Plus you may limit your buyers. If the buyer is like I am, I would rather make the decision on what fuel route I want to go. What happens if you switch to E85 but that type of fuel isn't available to a motivated buyer?

I'll go on record saying the OP should sell as is....but to answer this question, it takes about 10 minutes to swap over. All you need is a pulley, a belt and the handheld. And it could be just the handheld if someone had a pump gas/e85 tune for the same pulley (although thats not usually how it is....the whole idea of going e85 is to run massive boost versus a gas setup)

navyfc117

FNG
Established Member
Very good points. Not trying to argue but wanting to throw something out there. The car has MMR1000 shortblock with ported heads, also has a 2.8h. I feel the car doesnt stand out making the same numbers as a stock longblocked car. I know everything is worth what someone wants to spend on it.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
and one more thing...I'll also go on record and say if you do decide to swap it over and feel the furry of the corn...you probably won't be selling it afterwords :D:-D

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I make 605 on the stock shortblock, I would only sell this thing if my finances needed money like a house or something. Enjoy it man, 600 is amazing. If I were you and wanted to go faster...what's a better route for you.

Selling the car and working on something better all over again. Or...

Modify your already setup car.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Why dont you just do a race gas tune to put out big numbers. That way you can say it made this and here is the dyno graph.

gabe1530

Banned
Why dont you just do a race gas tune to put out big numbers. That way you can say it made this and here is the dyno graph.

fuel pumps are maxed out.

i agree with a lot of the other posts. adding a new fuel system to make more power potentially wont increase the value. imo, it would make the smile on your face bigger and youll want to keep it. :rockon:

backinastang

Established Member
Having an block that's built for 1,000 hp is a selling point over a stock block in my book. It's called peace of mind and future potential.

Users who are viewing this thread