Is a pullied 2011 any faster than a = 2007-2010?

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Might be too early to tell if the weight diff of the alum block is helping 1/4 mile times of a equally modded cars. Im guessing the 11s will be right in the 550whp range with same mods. ????
Will the 11s being lighter on the front be easier to get out of the hole on drag radials than the 07-10s?
Or are they going to be running the average 11.5s @ 120-125 like the previous?
:pop:

ironpeddler

Established Member
It's only 100 lbs. lighter if I am correct, even might be a little more. I mean the car almost weighs 4000 lbs. I understand that every little bit of weight helps, espcially for our cars. But I would figure for the average, novice driver you wont be able to tell the difference of 100 lbs. when the cars weighs almost 4000. I could be wrong.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
yeah whats a 100 lbs a .1 of a diff, not enough to prob notice, but when you start doing weight reduction vs old 1 then you will see a big diff im sure being your already starting off with 10-50more hp on the 2010-2011 shelbys and 100 lbs ligther vs the 07 models etc.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
if you have not driven a 07-10 then drove a 2011. you really should the cars stock for stock are night an day difference with the weight. you can feel the difference is huge.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
if you have not driven a 07-10 then drove a 2011. you really should the cars stock for stock are night an day difference with the weight. you can feel the difference is huge.

I have a 2011 Shelby GT500 with the Perf. Pack and was about to pull the trigger on a friend of mines's 2007 Shelby GT500. His car has a Ford Racing throttle body, cold air intake, catback, and tune. Performance wise I think his car is a little faster but the ride quality and build quality of the car could not compare. The 2011 FEELS lighter, dead quiet on the inside, ( No rattles ), drives alot easier in parking lots and to me looks alot more refined. The 2007 is a Red car with white stripes, while mine is all black stripe delete.
I will say his Red car gets alot of attention...........for now.;-)

Last edited:

mullens

Established Member
The OP is talking about straight line power/acceleration. You have basically the same engine, power-wise. 10 crank hp is nothing, and can vary that much between cars of like years. 100lbs is nice, but that is not going to be a difference maker in a 550 hp car. When I carry my 100 lb son or 210 lb freind there is no noticable difference in performance. Now, if you're talking refinment/comfort, there is no comparison.

COBRA32

Established Member
If you are talking about the 2011 with the Performance package there is a difference you can feel between a 2010 and a 2011 in stock form. First are the gears, second the weight, 3rd they inprove the aero dynamics and 4th the suspension has no wheelhop like the 2010. The biggest thing to help the feel is the 2011 does not suffer from heatsoak like the 2010 so you can get on it several times and the power does not fall off because of the heatsoak. I can tell you this because I had a2010 and now have a 2011 with the performance pack. Any body buying a 2011 with out the Performance Pack should try it first you will not buy the base afterwards. It all adds up to something you can feel.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The base 07-09 weighed 3850lbs
The base 10 weighs 10lbs more or so.
The base 11 weighs 100lbs less than the 10.

07-09 3850/550(wheel power based on mods) ~ 7
10 3860/550 ~ 7.02
11 3760/550 ~ 6.84

Stock z06 3150/460(rwhp) ~ 6.85

Yes I would say its a noticable difference.:rockon:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I agree with the above...in theory.

For me, the real question would be, "Is it worth the hit in depreciation?" I've seen several posts on this board with the 08 (nav) actual weight at 3820 lbs. So, the weight difference is more like 60 lbs. I already got rid of wheel hop for $300. After the Revan HE, I expect no issues with heat soak.

After selling my 08 and getting around $35K, I would have to ante up another $20K to get a 2011 with PP & EP.

That .16 power to weight just ain't gonna cut it for me! But, I don't use my car for road racing. We'll see what they are going for used in a year or two.

Last edited:

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
The reality of the situation is that there is a tremendous variance just between DRIVERS of individual cars. 100 punds is NOT going to be an insurance policy that says "I win" when we're talking about dragstrip performance. Just cutting good lights can negate a 50 or more horsepower advantage. Just having a different style of clutch management/shifting ability can easily make a huge difference. There are so many guys out there that have HUGE power advantages over other cars and can't understand why someone with less can spank 'em and GOOD in a drag race.
The '11 is a GREAT car, there is no question. But if you think your going to be "faster" based on these minor differences, you are going to get your feelings hurt when it's GO TIME.

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
I forgot to add, with regard to the original question- As far as I know, there are no tune files for these cars as of yet, not from SCT anyway. This may have changed by now, but I was told this just a few days ago...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I agree with the above...in theory.

For me, the real question would be, "Is it worth the hit in depreciation?" I've seen several posts on this board with the 08 (no nav) actual weight at 3820 lbs. So, the weight difference is more like 60 lbs.

Full gas shaker 1000 is 3920.
full gas shaker 500 is 3850.

The al takes away a full 100+ lbs off the nose. Yes you could take some weight off with a 1/4 tank, but one could do the same for the 11.

jsarkis

Established Member
From my experience most racers have usually grouped a loss of 100lbs as .1 in a 1/4 mile time. Take your new 11 to the strip with some sticky DRs / Slicks, heat them up and drop the hammer at 6k and tell me you don't have wheel hop and I'll believe you. Same with the heat soak, it maybe less noticeable in the 2011 on the street but I bet it's still there if you push it hard enough or the conditions are bad enough. I doubt you'll feel that 100lbs off the nose in straight line performance but the weight transfer is better. Now in the twistys is where you'll notice the weight reduction the most. My .02

Last edited:

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Yes I was talking modded vs modded and straight line is my thing. I guess time will tell as more people dyno and mod the new style. Im still betting around 550whp with no exhaust work.
As far as stock for stock, there is no question. The mags even like the car now. :beer:
Of course all the new perks of the 11s are not cheap. My base MSRP of my 07 was $40930(w/o gas guzzler) to the new $49400. :poke:
Still alota car for < 50K though.

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
07-10 arent making that power for long either, 2011 actually has a h/e that works

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
aside from the the 100 less pounds helping out acceleration, it should definitely help on launch as well since the weight is coming off the nose. also, becuase the car has electric power steering vs hydralic, you'll have a slightly more efficient engine, and a little bit more power will be getting to the ground. finally, the '11 exhaust is larger in diameter by a 1/4" IIRC, which should help get a little more power out of the pulley. toss in the fact that it also has knock sensors vs the '09 and earlier which may allow for a slightly more aggressive tune(can someone with a dyno tuned '10 answer that one?), and, equal drivers, it should be the faster car. huge difference? no, but it should be a noticeable difference any ways. all the small things add up, right?

Users who are viewing this thread