Is a fox notchback worth 12k with an 03 cobra drivetrain??

my92gt

Established Member
I know of a notchback with a 03 cobra drivetrain that's for sale. He's asking 12k for it. He drivetrain is not installed in the car. It will come with brand new bbk LT's, UPR front k-member package, AJE trans crossmember, all of the wiring, fuel tank, 04 cobra wheels, 03 cobra seats(not installed), and the terminator interior. I know I'm missing some things. The car will need a paintjob and obviously everything needs to be installed by me. I've done 1 terminator swap before so I have knowledge of what needs to be done. Just wondering if it's worth the 12k for a fox shell with no interior and the drivetrain not installed.

my92gt

Established Member
I was afraid to have the first reply to be that. I know how much he bought the wrecked cobra for and how much he got the running 5.0 notchback. It adds up to what he wants for it now. He's bought everything brand new as far as aftermarket parts listed. I've offered him 10k but he didn't want it. Lol. Any one have a opinion??

sleepermobile2

Established Member
You can't buy the parts for 12k including the shell........problem is that you'll have 15-18k into it easy and for that much money, you can buy a real nice notch , real nice . You can find a car all finished and someone would lose a ton of money .....

SVT_Troy

Established Member
It's worth every penny and more if his Notch is clean and the swap was done right. Sounds like you'll be picking up the parts to do the swap yourself. I would pass on that deal unless you know the car isn't a wreck and the Cobra parts are legit.

my92gt

Established Member
Cobra parts are legit and came from a wrecked DSG. The 5.0 notch has the holes on the pillar for the spot lights. I don't have any background on the 5.0. It was a 5.0 powered car but the project was started and abandoned. The guy is my friend and he goes through mustangs like no other.

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't looked at prices lately. But doesn't motor trans etc. go for close to 10k?. Add the interior, over a grand. Plus rims, 500-1k depending on chrome or alloy. And then a notch shell. Just the parts seem close to the price.

Mustang289

Established Member
Notchbacks are the most sought after fox body and are priced accordingly. You would have one bad*** car with that combo.

Might want to run the VIN, wonder if it was one of the special police intercepter 5.0s.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't looked at prices lately. But doesn't motor trans etc. go for close to 10k?. Add the interior, over a grand. Plus rims, 500-1k depending on chrome or alloy. And then a notch shell. Just the parts seem close to the price.

A lot of motor/t56 having been for sale on ebay for around 7-8k.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
But those eBay parts don't include the rest of what op is describing.
In my opinion,that is a good deal.

GoingHaam

Established Member
I was afraid to have the first reply to be that. I know how much he bought the wrecked cobra for and how much he got the running 5.0 notchback. It adds up to what he wants for it now. He's bought everything brand new as far as aftermarket parts listed. I've offered him 10k but he didn't want it. Lol. Any one have a opinion??

although its worth the 12k.... probably would not go out of my way to jump on it... sound like there is still alot of money to spend.... you literally will just be picking up the project where he left off.

there is no big incentive to purchase

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Doesnt sound like a good deal to me. Theres a reason its being sold for 12k an not put together.

Ponyracer1

Established Member
Could go either way. Dropout engine/tranny's are 8-10K on fleabay all day long. If the notch has A pillar holes its an SSP car. While that's cool, it doesn't do much for the value unless its stock as it left the force and in great shape and even then, they are a limited market. If your looking for a project grab it, if not pass. You know what goes into the swap after building one, if it's a shell you'd want to repair the A pillars and send it to paint while its in shell status, so that's $5k off the bat. Unless you want to go back to SSP status......

my92gt

Established Member
2B976553-5B25-4425-B0AD-913CF6DDD6D4_zpsqloy77tg.gif

FFE92EF7-DE64-4EA2-94E5-891EE14627E0_zpsickmnzuf.gif

Not the best pix as it's on a trailer and dirty. But u guys get the idea on body status of the car

Users who are viewing this thread