IS a BAP needed with modified FPDM and GT pumps

sho95

Established Member
Hello all
I am just wondering if I still need a BAP with a modified FPDM and twin GT pumps?
I have the BAP on my stock pumps and FPDM currently but pumps are dead.
I am only running a ported blower with 2.93 and 4 pound lower.
60# injectors
Kooks headers xpipe and stingers
sct 2400 maf
everything else is stock
only making about 500 rwhp and torque

Is a tune necessary after installing the dual pumps and modified FPDM or can i at least drive the car around normally without going full throttle?
I dont want to run something if i dont have to. I want to remove all the variables for future failures if they arent needed.
I am half way (800kms)through breaking in my new block and dont really want to take it to the dyno and have them go full throttle to 6500rpm to tune it

Thanks

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
No. I'm 99% sure that the GT pumps and the modified FPDM replace the band-aids like BAP's and such. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me! I would think that with twin GT(Ford?) pumps a modified FPDM and a BAP that would support like 2,000 hp.! But then you'd need to upgrade fuel rails and everything else!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
No, you do not NEED the BAP with a GT pump setup, but strongly recommend an upgraded FPDM or best case, run twin FPDMs. If you ever get to the stage that you need/want to increase voltage to the GT pumps through a mechanism like a Boost-a-Pump, then you need to consider a different fuel delivery system......;-) Return style?????

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
With an upgraded line, rails, GT pumps, modded hat, twin FDPMs what hp are getting to support? 800+rwhp???

Fuerza

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
With an upgraded line, rails, GT pumps, modded hat, twin FDPMs what hp are getting to support? 800+rwhp???

According to RWTD it will. I think it is easy to go overboard on fuel systems with these cars. There are a few choices, BAP, GT pumps w/ modified FPDM, GT pumps with Dual FPDM, dual outlets on the fuel hat, -8 fuel line upgrade. Or shoot the moon and do it all. :xpl:

I might just do a BAP and wiring upgrade for simplicity. I'm at a slowing down point right now for modifications and don't see myself doing a twin screw for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread