Is a 2.7L TVS in our future?

36382mm

Established Member
I hope VMP has time to check that out. I'd buy a VMP 2.7L now!! More top end with all that bottom end torque...Perfect!

Beercules

Established Member
"18% less input power required". On the Eaton site.
This = more power to the wheels safely without pushing the connecting rods. To put it another way, that 18% can be pushed to the wheels instead.

VMP, I'll hold out for your version.

Last edited:

BadSonicBlueSVT

Established Member
I was seriously going to look into the new VMP and then saw that 2.65 case from Eaton. Put a hold on that quick. VMP we're waiting on you now!

Papaw

Established Member
It says the rotors are twisted at a 170 degree angle.
That's a perfect match for my 170 degree thermostat!

I'm taking it as a sign. It's meant to be!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

Even more importantly they said it can fit in the same 2300 case after machining.
TBD to see if that can happen for our applications but a new Gen 2 R blower from VMP with a 2650 rotor pack would be sweet!
VMP 2.7 Gen 2 R anyone? ;-)

I emailed Eaton through their site and asked for details if it would fit in 2300 cases. They referred me to their aftermarket distributors like Roush, Edelbrock, Magnuson.
I just sent a second email asking for dimensions of the 2300 and 2650 rotor packs, we shall see.
-J

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
I looked at the 2650 at SEMA... got to talk with Eaton and Edlebrock in depth, my only advice was to make the inlet bigger. I love the front inlet, I love the top mounted intercooler and I love the design. I wouldn't buy Magnusson if they make a jack shaft style one. I do love the Edlebrock fit n finish.

36382mm

Established Member
I looked at the 2650 at SEMA... got to talk with Eaton and Edlebrock in depth, my only advice was to make the inlet bigger. I love the front inlet, I love the top mounted intercooler and I love the design. I wouldn't buy Magnusson if they make a jack shaft style one. I do love the Edlebrock fit n finish.

Edelbrock always been on the top for fit, finish and quality but they don't seem to be to interested in the shelby market. Too bad I think the first one to complete a 2650 for the shelby would be happy with how fast they sell. VMP is a year away !!

Beercules

Established Member
Why are some people (I think the gm forum people) saying they'd rather have the Magnuson than the edelbrock, any ideas? I had the eforce on my 2010 GT and it was great. Great design, tuned port intake, no bends for the intake, etc.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
No one has seen a fast Edlebrock on a Mustang and I offered up my assistance to validate the blower. On paper, it's a game changer with their design. Having the rotors in the valley and the intercooler on top is genius

merkyworks

Established Member
Why is having the rotors in the valley and intercooler on top genius? Not sayings our wrong I just don't get why flipping them around is better.

sleek98

Established Member
Why is having the rotors in the valley and intercooler on top genius? Not sayings our wrong I just don't get why flipping them around is better.

It keeps the intercooler away from the heat in the valley. Im not sure how much of a difference it makes but dodge did the same with the hellcat motor so I am guessing there is a little savings from it.

Users who are viewing this thread