Irwindale this thur 9/25

Venomous Mofo

Be a group of us going. Wanted to let you guys know any of you are welcomed to attend. Look for the bright Yellow/Green NLOC cones to denote our pit area. Its usually big enough to fit 12 cars.

Weather is going to be cool. 83F will be the high for the day and will cool off to sub low 70's as the sun drops.

More info and rollcall can be found here...

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=417059#post417059

Thanks guys :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

stang99

1.79 60' time! What I'd give for that 60'. Automatic trans and big tires can work even in a front heavy SVT brick. Your 1/8th is about the same as mine were at C-Bad Sat., but I was going about 4 mph faster.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Venomous Prick
8.18 @ 84.86 mph with 1.79 60 :beer:

Damn. Even Kevin's truck would give me a run for my money.

Best ive ever done at Irwindale was a 8.501 @ 88mph.
With F1's that is.

On the Kuhmo's never got it to dip under 8.555 :bash:

Good Run :beer:

Venomous Mofo

Well, pulled more power out of it today. Spent 8 hrs at Danny's along with another built truck. Im shooting for 7.9 this coming thur :p BTW, no weight reduction. I run with a bumper, fiberglass tonneau, bedrug, spare, hitch and 80# stabilzer inside bumper and fiberglass hood.b

You guys should come out. The track is hooking hard AND its cooling off big time. Less crowds too.

I always have a 12-15 car pit area blocked off. So come on down, you will have a safe area to park and keep your stuff.:beer:

stang99

You were there for 8 hours? Did the other truck ever get his tune with the race gas? You were beating on Danny about the details. Dips in the a/f? But your truck sounded great on the dyno. Too bad I blew up my clutch because you could have seen what a 280 ci Cobra makes for torque and hp. It would have brought tears to your eyes after you came out of shock from the howl of the car at full throttle.

Venomous Mofo

I was tuning stictly on 91. The truck is now back to 11.8, from its original 10.8. After 3 weeks of driving it, it had lean out a bit on the A.F so that was adjusted. Made some more changes, some of which i wont discuss because of certain eyes reading these forums. I did make a significant gain in power and most importantly, torque which has been xfered to the race side.

Nice meeting you there btw.:beer:

I was only on the dyno until about 11:30. The other truck was on it for 3 and heavily tuned on 103. That truck is going to run like a raped ape :burnout:

Last edited by a moderator:

stang99

I saw your HP and TQ figures and I will not call them out but they were definitely large. Still, it's a big truck. The rubber on your rear fenders was a good touch too.

Venomous Mofo

Originally posted by Tetge
I saw your HP and TQ figures and I will not call them out but they were definitely large. Still, it's a big truck. The rubber on your rear fenders was a good touch too.

:lol:

You should of see the torque/power coming off the race side.

5 Short weeks we will all be in your neck of the woods, FFW!!

BTW, how was the drive home?

stang99

Got home just fine. Traffic flowed. It was very heavy on the way in. It is very crowded on the beach side of the mountains at all times of the day. And, since I couldn't dyno, I will have to find some way of going back to make sure that I have a good tune in the car. It's hard to stay out of boost and just cruise along even when your car is about ready to come to pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread