IRS to SRA

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
So whats up guys I've got an offer to trade my stock IRS for a fully built SRA from an '97 cobra.. Is this worth it and would it fit right up.. It has 31 splines, 373 gears, unknown diff, Trickflow cover, and all supporting suspension mods, tell me your guys input...

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
if its the stock rearend housing that originally came in the 97 then it will be narrower than the 99+ models. About the only good thing would be if you were to run a larger rear rim (11"+). You could also run some spacers back there to make up the difference.

Juruense

Banned
What a terrible idea. SRA swap will make your car handle worse and destroy any resale value it had left.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
i have a 97 rear housing in my 01... make sure your running at least a 10.5 inch wide rim.... if your on a stock 9 inch rim it will tuck the rear tires WAY in... i went with the 97 rear end so i could run a nice wide draglite rim at the track to put more meat on the pavement.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
what kilgore said. unless you want to be a full out drag car. Even still you would still have to beef up that rear. Dont do it.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
11" plus, that sounds good, but not worth it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread