IRS swapped/Fuel Filter?

BraMas

Established Member
So after I did the IRS swap last year I looked up and noticed what a pain the Fuel filter is going to be to change. But I just did it and didn't worry about it my fuel pump just went out so I figured I would change the filter while the tank was dropped and it still was a pain in the ass to change. So my ? to people that have swapped to an IRS in a 94/98 SN95 did you somehow relocate the fuel filter or do you just ignore it and hope it never goes bad? Or maybe I need smaller hands:shrug:

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
When I install my IRS I plan to change the filter while everything is out.

Bramas - Can you tell me how you did your brake lines when you installed the IRS?

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Its an absoulte pain in the ass but I have changed mine with the IRS in the car. The gas tank strap bolt is a bitch to get to as well with the IRS. Looking back, I never would have done the swap if I had done more research first. Sure I love it now and it looks badass but the hassle isnt worth it IMO.

BraMas

Established Member
When I install my IRS I plan to change the filter while everything is out.

Bramas - Can you tell me how you did your brake lines when you installed the IRS?
I was bad and bent the SRA brake lines so that they would work. I have the IRS brake lines I can't remember now but something stopped me from putting them I want to say it was the rear splitter or something and I already had the IRS up in the car and didn't feel like trying to get the new lines in. Just another one of the many things people have left off there IRS swap write ups:shrug:

caliboy08

Established Member
i change the fuel filter in mine no problem. it's a little more work but oh well. and now i have access to a lift at work which will make it even easier.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
did all of you guys drill out the holes on the frame for the mounts(control arm areas) since the 99+ uses bigger bolts?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
I wasn't sure if I was going to have problems with the bolts so I figured if I did then I would just do it afterwards...lucky me the bolts fit just like the stock 96 SRA bolts

workmangc

Stay away from SHM.
Established Member
did all of you guys drill out the holes on the frame for the mounts(control arm areas) since the 99+ uses bigger bolts?
I did when I went to the 14mm bolts. However there is a bushing kit that uses 12mm sleeves instead of the 14mm ones. I "think" MM sells it, so you can use your stock bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread